INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to activate programme  (Read 824 times)

tonbest

Unable to activate programme
« on: March 30, 2012, 04:31:38 am »

Goood morning,
I purchased a copy of MC 17 on wednesday this week using Paypal. I received immediate confirmation from Paypal that the money had ben paid. Next I received an e-mail giving me a registration code and stating that MC17 should have automatically activated, it had not. I then tried to activate manually according to the instructions,this resulted in downloading a .mjr file which did nothing, double clicked it and nothing happened. I then received an e-mail telling me that I only had 8 restores left? Yesterday I found my way to the Paypal support page and following the instructions entered my transaction id and e-mail address and received the following message "We could not authenticate your transaction, please try again later" , it maintained this message all day until 18.00 when the message changed to "The Paypal website appears to be down", at this point I gave up in disgust. Today I am again getting the message that my transaction cannot be authorised,and as I assume that activation depends upon an authenticated transaction  can you give me some idea of when you might be able to authorise my transaction so that my programme can be activated. If I have posted this in the wrong place I apologise but I have never before had to use a forum, partiularly to receive support.
Many thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Unable to activate programme
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:09:46 am »

Normally the first registration can be performed automatically during the purchase process, but in some cases this does not work (for example, a security program may prevent it).

An alternative method is to run a local copy of the key file (.mjr). The confirmation email contains an attached .mjr file. This file is all that you need for registering an already installed MC17 instance during the following two weeks after the purchase (check the Windows date and time before proceeding). If you need to register an MC instance later you can obtain a new .mjr file from the restore site (this is limited to 10 restores during any 12-month period, but the JRiver stuff can help if you run out.)

You would need to extract the attachment as a standard disk file into a local folder (use "save as..." or a similar command). The filename extension must be .mjr . If the email client or the web browser (in case of webmail) changes the filename extension you can change it back by hand. Double-clicking the extracted .mjr file is supposed to register MC.

Depending on your Windows version and security settings you may need to have administrator privileges and maybe also run the file as administrator. (Someone else may know more about this. I am always logged in as an administrator and I have never had problems with running the .mjr file.)

Since you already got the confirmation mail and the restore site works for you, a possible PayPal issue is separate and has nothing to do with registering MC on your machine.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tonbest

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 05:32:37 am »

Many thanks for the quick reply. Running as administrator was the key and the programme activated right away when I did that [should have thought about it myself], however the Paypal issue threw me as it kept telling me that the programme was not paid for. Again may thanks for the rapid reply.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 05:48:43 am »

You're welcome, and welcome to the forum too!
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up