INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View - Customise Info Panel Request  (Read 984 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Theatre View - Customise Info Panel Request
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:29:26 pm »

Could you please allow the ability to use the Elapsed Time] // [Total Time] in the info panel??

This would be good because sometimes for audio anyway I don't reside on the Playing Now Roller, I reside on the List one "The one that shows all files cued and has the info panel to the right", doing this would allow us to still see the [Elapsed Time] and [Total Time].

I have tried already and it doesn't work. The way I tried was using my custom field "Playing.Now" that has the following expression - if(isinplayingnow(),Yes,No)

I then added a custom field in the File Info Panel that contained the following expression - if(isequal([#Playing.Now],Yes,8),[Elapsed Time] // [Total Time],)

If you would allow this could you allow it also in the file caption, that way I could include the above expression at the end.

Although once thing I've noticed about File Captions, is that if I rate a song 5 stars while it is playing the caption doesn't update until another song has started playing "My file caption uses Mid(★★★★★, 0, [Rating]) to display the stars". I think maybe because this is due to the file being used at the time, so it can't be updated while in use. I think that would pose problems displaying the elapsed / total time in the file caption.

Could you possibly change File Caption to display pending changes?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theatre View - Customise Info Panel Request
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 03:28:37 pm »

This doesn't fit well with the architecture currently used since those values, unlike other values, change each second.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

locust

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 03:51:48 pm »

Thanks for the reply Matt

Worth a try, don't ask don't get :)

Just wondering is it DirectX related, as to why it doesn't fit well?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 04:21:56 pm »

The file info panel loads info and doesn't run any sort of timer reloading or checking for changes after that.

I'm not saying this won't ever change, only that it's not the type of change we can just sneak in.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up