INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Display View  (Read 1193 times)

copernicus

DLNA Display View
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:56:02 pm »

Hi,

I'm running JRiver 17.0.106, and am trying to configure DLNA display view.  The options to modify the media hierarchy are great (i.e. through Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Add or configure DLNA servers -> Customize views...), but I cannot see how to change the name of each media item displayed (other than use the default 'name' meta tag).

What I would like to do is have a 'recent' list (as per the default install), but rather than just using the display name, have some type of indicator if I haven't watched the video. e.g. prefix each unwatched video with a '*' character.  The [Last Played] tag, with a condition seems as though it would allow this, but I cannot find where to modify the display view of a media item.

Am I missing something very simple, or is it a case of doing some tricks with the 'Name' field and having a separate 'Real Name' field that the rest of the application references?

Cheers,
Mike

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: DLNA Display View
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 09:13:40 pm »

You can replace/add elements, using an expression instead of a field name.  Here's a fast idea to add a * in front of your never played files:

If(isempty([Last Played,0]), *,)[Name]
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

copernicus

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 09:59:58 pm »

Thanks MrC,

That worked successfully to add an *, however now there is a 'folder' (e.g. category) for each media item. In each folder, the media item is shown, with [Name] as the caption.  Also, this seems to break the sorting of the list, as the 'set rules for file display' sort options seem to work based on the files, and not containing folder.

I'd imagine it's possible to add sorting to the expression, however would prefer not to the 'extra' folder for each media item.  You mentioned its possible to 'replace' an element - do I need to some kind of re-assigning in the expression?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:31:20 pm »

I don't know how to collapse the extra category that gets created.  Perhaps post a question in the Media Network board so that bob or others in-the-know might comment.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up