INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem withFill Properties from filename  (Read 1086 times)

zendoo

• Recent member
Problem withFill Properties from filename
« on: April 01, 2012, 10:59:35 pm »

I hope I can make myself understood -let's try !  :P
My moviefiles are in the following two formats:

[Name] ([country, 0], [year], [Language, 0]).[subtitle language, 0].ext
(... [subtitle language] is a custom field I created)
if there are subtitles in the file
eg:
Ghost (United States, 1990, English).ger.mkv

OR

[Name] ([country, 0], [year], [Language, 0]).ext
if there are no subtitles
eg
Ghost (United States, 1990, English).avi

If I want to retrieve taginfo from the filename when importing stuff and I have a list that contains both of those two formats I run into trouble!

If I say Fill properties from filename and use the first expression [Name] ([country, 0], [year], [Language, 0]).[subtitle language] something strange happens if there is a file with subtitles in the list: all the files in the list after the file that actually has subtitles get tagged with the value of [subtitle language] even if they have nothing there... EG:

movie (US, 1990, English).en.avi    gets [subtitle language] "en"
movie1 (US, 1990, English).avi       gets [subtitle language] "en" TOO!
movie2 (US, 1990, English).avi       gets [subtitle language] "en" TOO!
movie3 (US, 1990, English).avi       gets [subtitle language] "en" TOO! --- these fields should stay empty!

If I say Fill properties from filename and use the second expression [Name] ([country, 0], [year], [Language, 0] something even stranger happens if there is a file with subtitles in the list: all the files in the list after the file that actually has subtitles get tagged with wrong values in the [language] field (ie the field before the troubling [subtitle language] field) EG:

movie (US, 1990, English).en.avi    gets [language] "English"
movie1 (US, 1990, Spanish).avi     gets [language] "English" TOO!
movie2 (US, 1990, French).avi       gets [language] "English" TOO!
movie3 (US, 1990, German).avi      gets [language] "English" TOO! --- these fields should stay empty!

Tell me if you understood what I mean, I guess youll have to try out with some filenames and see for yourself...

So two things:

Maybe fix the "bug" so that there are no "wrong" values assigned to tags (I suppose youd have to clean some buffer after each file in a batch operation) OR allow functions when using fill properties from filename ... (i am at the moment trying to find out how i can rename these different formats with and without the .[subtitle language] thingy in the end in one batch... UFF! :)

AND even better

Integrate different subtitles better into the library... I have seen that a subtitle file, that is named the same as a movie file will already be moved around with it, as the cover image files are as well. VERY MOTHERFUCKING COOL THAT! I am amazed! I posted about that before and its cool to see it coming!
But now I have 5 or 6 subtitle files with my movies and I use a lot of time to operate with these filenames... :(

my folders look something like this:

movie (US, 2004, English).en.jpg
movie (US, 2004, English).en.mkv
movie (US, 2004, English).en.pb.srt
movie (US, 2004, English).en.es.srt
movie (US, 2004, English).en_mkv_JRSidecar.xml
movie2 (Germany, 2000, German).jpg
movie2 (Germany, 2000, German).avi
movie2 (Germany, 2000, German).en.srt
movie2 (Germany, 2000, German).es.srt
movie2 (Germany, 2000, German).de.srt
movie2 (Germany, 2000, German).pb.srt
movie2 (Germany, 2000, German).jp.srt
movie2 (Germany, 2000, German)_avi_JRSidecar.xml

So what do you think could be done?
How about a new Library field that works like the [image file] field, called [subtitle files] (PLURAL!), and then integrating this in MC like the [image file] field is integrated? Recognizing the subtitle files (PLURAL!) when importing the move (as the image is recognized as cover)... This way the movie file itself would have an entry in its tag about which subtitle files "swarm" around it and I could search for movies with english subtitles. Now this is not possible, as the subtitles are a different file and I see no way to associate them with the movie except manually (impossible with the amount of files in my collection!)
And this way the subtitle files could be moved around with the movie files if they are renamed - they could simply retain the bit in the end that is different from the movie files filename (.en or .eng or .english)
This is the standard way subtitles are read when playing the movie, why not when renaming it?

SIGH!
OK that was a long one... lets see what comes from it :) !!!

and any help on how I could handle my files more easily, renaming them in one batch or filling properties in one batch is appreciated!

Blessings, I

zendoo

• Recent member
Re: BUG! Fill Properties from filename...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 11:50:30 pm »

OK... I am sorry, but I tried and tried and I dont know whats going wrong:

[Name] ([country, 0], [year], [Language, 0])if(isempty([subtitle language],0),,.[subtitle language,0])

With something in the [subtitle language] field this works fine

movie (US, 2000, English).en;es;de.mkv

But with an empty [subtitle language] field I get

movie (US, 2000, English)..mkv  (instead of movie (US, 2000, English).mkv)

WHYWHYWHY!!!?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:41:31 am »

This:

[subtitle language],0

should be:

[subtitle language,0]
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

zendoo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:46:57 am »

THANKS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up