INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't seem to speed up video playback + is there a way to map key press to tempo  (Read 1253 times)

swinster

• World Citizen

Hi Guys,

Did a quick search an d came up with  this (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68674.0), but I have already tried this and it seems to make no difference to the playback speed.

I'm currently going though a whole bunch or training videos and speeding up the playback is a conman request - in this case the file types are flv, but there could be many different types.

I have opened the DSP Studio, ticked the "Tempo and Pitch" box, then increased the tempo to 3 - yet nothing happens. In fact nothing happens with any of those settings.

Any ideas?

I would also say that I have used VLC, MS Media Player et al and they all have a means of increasing playback simply.

One further point - is it possible to make these option mappable to a key press - i.e. CRTL + UP for arguments sake? I also have another use for this feature as my mother uses MC to teach dancing and the use of a tempo control could be very useful - especially if I could map a key press to a remote control button press.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Turn off Video Clock option.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

swinster

• World Citizen

Hey Yaobing - the "VideoClock" feature (Options --> Video --> General Video Settings) was already off. Just as a test, I switch it on, but it made no difference.

Any other ideas?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Here is why I made that suggestion:

I remember clearly a while ago I did try it and it worked.  When I saw your post, I went to do a test again.  This time it did not work.  I just wondered why.  I noticed that Tempo & Pitch was selected already, but I could not make any changes to it.  Just as I thought it might be a bug, I noticed status message saying VideoClock was making adjustment.  So I went to Video options and turned off VideoClock.  Now I could manually control Tempo & Pitch and playback rate can be adjusted.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, did you do:

1. Turn off VideoClock.
2. Play a video and go to DSP Studio
3. Turn on Tempo & Pitch, and set Tempo.

Another thing, are you using JRiver Audio renderer for your video playback?  Check "DirectShow Filters" while the video is playing.

Also, if you use bitstreaming, I think DSP is by-passed and Tempo will not work.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up