INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice Sought on setup of concurrent Video and Audio setup  (Read 1268 times)

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
Advice Sought on setup of concurrent Video and Audio setup
« on: April 04, 2012, 06:52:13 pm »

Background:
I've been using JRiver for audio only for gawd knows how long (v8) but have only recently been experimenting with the Video side. (which I have been using XBMC for the last 5 years)
Currently in JRMC17 I now have 2 zones: WholeHouseAudio and Video.
WholeHouseAudio is configured to using an analog signal via Asio on a Asus DX2 and its sole purpose is play music.  The Video zone is utilizing the onboard digital output.  The analog signal that is distributed out to 8-10 sets of speakers throughout the house via various amps and switches.  The HTPC is always on during the day and WholeHouseAudio is always playing something such that I can be at any one of my 10 speaker sets and turn them on to hear whatever is PlayingNow in the WholeHouseAudio zone.  This has been working handsomely for me for years.  The problem I am having now that I have incorporated my Video (movies, tb shows etc) into MC is that users (wifey/kids etc) are going to video selecting something to play and not changing zones to video.  The good news is their selection still plays just fine but it is messing up my audio.  Not only is it replacing my often large audio playlist but I no longer have the music available to me "on demand" as I have been used to.

I noticed an earlier suggestions of locking media type to a zone which would be great but I understand this isn't possible (yet).
Does anyone have some suggestions on how to configure this to lock down my audio and video zones to prevent things from switching by the non-technical users in the house and making the audio and video zones more obvious.  When I had 2 apps it was a no brainer.
Thanks,
Darren

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Advice Sought on setup of concurrent Video and Audio setup
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:08:50 pm »

If they are using Theater View to launch movies you can configure an automatic zone switch when Theater View Launches
tools>options>theater view>advanced>switch to zone on load
Sean

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Advice Sought on setup of concurrent Video and Audio setup
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:28:12 pm »

Cool. Thanks.  Didn't know that existed.  I played around a bit with that tonight.  Its a step but doesn't really solve my problem as we definitely don't use Theater View exclusively AND we also use Theater View for a Playing Now view with Music as the whole background image thing is pretty sweet!
Pages: [1]   Go Up