INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New computer, crappy video capture  (Read 1215 times)

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
New computer, crappy video capture
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:08:37 am »

I just built a new computer.  ASUS motherboard with HDMI audio/video using an AMD quad core processor and Radion 6550 with 8G ram.  This thing loaded Windows 7 in like 20 minutes or so and all the drivers installed with no problems.  The motherboard is a ASUS F1A75-M PRO/CSM FM1 and the processor is a "AMD A8-3870K APU with AMD Radeon 6550 HD Graphics 3.0GHz Unlocked Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Processor".  I have the Hauppage HVR 2250 and a PVR 500 with the Hauppauge drivers that i was using in Vista (same driver install that is).

On my old PC with 2G ram and an older dual core processor running Vista 32bit I could record 3 shows at once and watch another and not see any skipping or lag at all.  On this new system I can barely watch my ATSC channels if at all and I cannot watch my S-Video at all unless I get lucky.  I set everything to the same settings in video and audio in MC then I started changing one thing at a time trying to watch my satelite each time.  Most of the time it would just be black with audio for about 20 seconds or so then the audio just goes into a 1 second loop until I stop the show.  Sometimes it will show a picture but alot of it is green and some pixels randomely then the same thing with the audio loop.  Very rarely does it actually play the actually feed from the s-video with no issues.  One time it played perfect and it actually looked almost high def (that never happened again).  The ATSC channels are random as well.  Channel 4 is ok but somewhat grainy, channel 5 is great but channel 11 is all jacked with green pixels and the audio randomely studders.

Any help would be great!  Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New computer, crappy video capture
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 06:32:47 am »

It's probably related to the graphics hardware or driver, but I don't know more than that.  You could try using any old video card you have available to see what you learn.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:36 am »

Let me also add that last night I thought it was recording Psych but it was just jacked up video but while it was recording that one show the video I was watching was pausing for a second then catching up to the audio.  Once the recording stopped the video I was watching was perfect.  I'm wondering if it's an issue with my PVR and Win 7.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:08:46 am »

Ugh!  I was correct.  According to a thread in the Sage forums the PVR-500 will not work with more than 3G ram.  People reported it being blocky and/or BSOD.  Time for a new card.  Crap, I hope I can sell my old MB, processor, mem, video card and PVR so I can afford one more hard drive and another tuner card :-\ .

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 01:05:39 pm »

Thanks to Yaobing my analog tuner is now working on my HVR.  I've got an HVR-1800 on the way to replace the PVR. 

Now I just need the IR blaster to control two seperate STBs and MC to recognize 2 seperate analog inputs for one EPG and MC would be perfect... for the most part ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up