INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from Media Jukebox 14 to MC 17  (Read 1092 times)

Chrispy58

• Recent member
Upgrading from Media Jukebox 14 to MC 17
« on: April 06, 2012, 10:07:12 am »

Hello Folks,
I've been using the free Media Jukebox 14 for my vast mp3 library and playlists for a few years now and I love it.
The lack of bluray support in my movie player has made me look elsewhere for a new movie player.
PowerDVD12 ultra seems to have all the new options covered but is far too pricey.

MC17 is much more affordable, supports bluray, so I'm having a go with the trial version.

First problem - I can only seem to import my audio files and playlists as a new and separate library [main library for video and images and a selectable second library contains audio files and associated playlists.]  How do I merge them into just one library?

Second problem - my ipod shuffle is not supported now, is that likely to happen anytime soon?

Third problem -  afaik, I 'm not entitled to the reduced upgrade price but thats all I get when I select Buy from the help menu??

Last question - does MC17 offer 3D support?

Thanks in advance,
Chrispy58

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Upgrading from Media Jukebox 14 to MC 17
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 10:50:51 am »

1st,

In general, all you would need to do is to export a library backup file in MJ14 (File > Library > Back Up Library...) and restore that file in MC17 (File > Library > Restore Library...)

After that you can import the video and image files to the same library if that is what you want. In case you have already done a significant amount of video and image tagging, there are ways to preserve that work. Ask advice before doing anything hastily.

In case you are considering uninstalling MJ14 and you have both versions installed on the same machine, don't do it yet. The default MJ14 folders may contain cover art and backup files that you may want/need to move before running the uninstaller. We can discuss about that too.

2nd, 3rd and last,

I don't know. Perhaps someone else can help.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Chrispy58

• Recent member
Re: Upgrading from Media Jukebox 14 to MC 17
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 01:59:12 pm »

Thanks Alex, I've merged the two libraries ok and kept MJ14 on the same disc without any issues.  I may go back to it if MC17 doesn't work out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up