INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I create a list with just artist and album for print  (Read 1273 times)

zugisland16

• Recent member

Wow print and data base functions are a bit archiac and i couldnt find anything in the manual to help. How to do i set up a list wiht just artist followed by each album I have for each artist . Then save that file for printing and or emailing the list scenarios..thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

zugisland16

• Recent member
Re: How do I create a list with just artist and album for print
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:48:42 am »

Thanks for the link but I dont have hours to read thru a thread i barely undertsand. Isnt there a simple way to achieve a database print of all my albums ..with artist 1st then just albums under that artist. Or maybe I should re ask i cant even figure out how to print or create  a usable database file period thanks

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 12:09:52 pm »

It sounds like you are frustrated and overwhelmed.

When you go to Artists view, do you have the albums correctly listed and the file lists below look correct?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

medvedik

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 08:20:16 pm »

This is how I do it usually.

I have made a smartlist with the rules you see in the attached pic.
In the smartlist you can put the columns you want (I have album artist (auto)/album/Genre/Date/file type)

Then you choose print list. Because I have many albums the amount of paper would just be too much (and changing constantly), so I use a (free) pdf program to print it as pdf. That's good enough for me.

maybe it's helpfull.

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:10:35 am »

Is this what you want?

What you see in MC.

What you print.

If so, in the left navigation tree, right click Playlist and select, Add smartlist... or you can press F9 on the keyboard. Enter the following data.

Press OK. In the new smartlist, get rid of any columns that you don't need. Size up the columns the way you want it and when you are ready to print. Click File > Print List...

or you can export to a text file by right clicking the smartlist name in the navigation tree and picking export playlist.

or you can just press ctrl+A to select all, press ctrl+C to copy to your clipboard, ctrl+V to paste it into an email or spreadsheet.

pcstockton

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:01:31 am »

Thanks for the link but I dont have hours to read thru a thread i barely undertsand. Isnt there a simple way to achieve a database print of all my albums ..with artist 1st then just albums under that artist. Or maybe I should re ask i cant even figure out how to print or create  a usable database file period thanks

You can EASILY export any playlist to a CSV, text delimited, m3u or HTML file.  Simply go to File>Export Playlist.  Of course you will want to make the playlist only have those items you want in the list.  Of course you could easily remove these in excel.

Easy enough for you?

-Patrick

HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up