INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 library issue with compilations  (Read 795 times)

Chrispy58

• Recent member
MP3 library issue with compilations
« on: April 08, 2012, 07:09:50 am »

Everyone who adds compilation albums to their library will recognise this.

Duplicate tracks build up, but as various copies of the same track appear in several different playlists.
Removing all duplicates with comands like ~dup [name] [artist] will surely mess up playlists which included one of the deleted duplicate tracks.

Is there a way of replacing the deleted playlist items that you lost when removing duplicates with the one copy of the track you kept?

Cheers.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: MP3 library issue with compilations
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 01:56:02 pm »

How about filtering the duplicates from the smartlist before you begin playback, such as by entering this into the Search wizard when your view is the desired smartlist:

~nodup=[Name],[Artist] ~sort=[Sequence]
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MP3 library issue with compilations
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:56:37 pm »

Is there a way of replacing the deleted playlist items that you lost when removing duplicates with the one copy of the track you kept?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the question, or what MrC thought it meant. ?

What are you removing duplicates from? If you what to play a playlist intact, there's no need to remove anything. If you want to remove duplicates from a smartlist selection, then it doesn't matter which copy of a duplicate track is played.
Pages: [1]   Go Up