INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting All MC Albums to iTunes?  (Read 1686 times)

peterschindler

• Recent member
Exporting All MC Albums to iTunes?
« on: April 08, 2012, 11:32:13 pm »

I've just tried this feature, but was sorely disappointed in that only a small subset (121 files) of over 4,500 were exported.    It appears that all the function did was to expert those files already in MP3 format, and, oddly, also in PCM/WAV format.

But the vast majority of my files are in FLAC.   I would have expected the export function to convert all files to the itunes standard (whatever that file format is called), and then to export them, not just to skip those that itunes doesn't accept.

Am I doing something wrong?  Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks.
Peter

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Exporting All MC Albums to iTunes?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 02:06:15 am »

You are not doing anything wrong, it's just the "Export to itunes" feature is far from complete... I have been asking improvements for months but not a single word from JRiver... maybe they will listen to you...
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

peterschindler

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:20:17 am »

Gotcha, thanks for sharing your sentiment.   Hope these features will come before long.  For now, there are workarounds, of course, but clumsy. 

Thanks.
Peter

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:29:56 am »

I've had success with a licensed copy of DBpowerAmp.

The program's batch conversion feature converts FLAC to a variety of different file formats by the armful. Massive file conversions are CPU intensive, so make sure you get the pancake batter ready (helps with CPU heat dispersion).

sunfire7

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 10:30:30 am »

I've had success with a licensed copy of DBpowerAmp.

The program's batch conversion feature converts FLAC to a variety of different file formats by the armful. Massive file conversions are CPU intensive, so make sure you get the pancake batter ready (helps with CPU heat dispersion).
Yes! DBPowerAmp is awesome!

can anyone explain their method? I'm looking for the most automatic and simple process.. right now I'm using mp3's stacked on the flac's but is not an elegant/simple solution... I was thinking in change my library from flac to apple lossless, export to itunes and then let itunes convert them to 128/192/256 AAC for my iphone... but in the first test I did the apple lossless tags are not yet perfectly supported by JRiver...

Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up