INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Split Video and Audio and Play in Separate Devices  (Read 3299 times)

Bsack

• Recent member
Split Video and Audio and Play in Separate Devices
« on: April 10, 2012, 12:43:56 am »

I have a Perfectwave DAC which only plays music and I want to play a movie with the sound going through my DAC and video going to my PC. Is this possible?

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Split Video and Audio and Play in Separate Devices
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:47:14 am »

You can configure the audio to take the path you specify for both playing songs and the audio in your videos.

In Tools, Options, Audio select 'Output mode settings' and specify which device you want audio to be routed to.

If you want different routes when you play songs and play videos, you can create zones and make different settings for each zone.

Bsack

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 06:09:39 am »

The PerfectWave DAC is connected to my PC via a network bridge. So the DAC only shows up in the zones and not as a device. I've tried linking the 2 zones but that doesn't work. Any idea how to split audio and video between zones?

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 01:43:23 pm »

I can only see one solution to your problem and that is to connect your PerfectWave with a USB cable. That way you get the 'device' to route audio to in your video zone.
You will still be able to play to the PerfectWave zone as you are used to and enjoy your PWD even more. (I cannot figure out from the pwd homepage which audio formats is supported, especially the surround ones).

Bsack

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:46 pm »

I don't want to use USB since the network bridge is designed for the best possible way to stream music from my PC.

Why couldn't the sound and video in a movie both split since the both are different formats and processed separately?

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:11:42 am »

If you want to split the audio and video streams in a movie, you cannot use dlna. (I guess that is some kind of a dlna contender that is in the network bridge). You have to do it the 'device' way.

I have a similar setup, not with such heavy equipment though, where I enjoy music by the dlna connection and movies with 'device' connections - video stream from the computers HDMI output to the TV and audio from the computers digital audio output to the AVR. Then I get the highest quality pictures and a satisfying 5.1 DTS audio. S/Pdif does not allow the high quality surround formats.

What confuses me a bit is that I cannot see that your PWD supports any audio surround formats. Will it pass them through to an AVR ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up