INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio/Video Sync Drift Issue  (Read 2151 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
Audio/Video Sync Drift Issue
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:45:02 am »

Okay I have been playing the DVD rips (MKV) on MC earlier tonight and it seems that each time the audio slowly drifts out of sync with the video. Stopping the video of course and replaying it fixes it but eventually slowly drifts out of sync as the movie plays. This is mostly for DVD movies, haven't noticed it with BD movies so far.

Its getting kind of annoying though to see this. I am running MC version 17.0.122 on my i5 system, running in ROHQ. Have had the Bitstreaming off and HW Accel on and Videoclock off. Worked with the Video settings a bit and still having the issue. I've had Videoclock on and doesn't seem to have any effect (when bitstreaming was off).

The video card I am using is the GTS 450 and I did run the benchmark test in MC which the JRMark score was 3567, more than enough to run HQ. I never had this problem when using WMC + MPC combo.

I know I could try running it in RO Standard which would most likely have no problems but that defeats the purpose of using ROHQ for best image quality on this machine.

Plus, I still am not able to get MC to pull up the episode info for the Tom and Jerry cartoons...still says the info is not eligible (with the season being the year instead of the number) so i am not able to pull the info from TVDB website (why they listed the season by year I will never know). Mediabrowser lists the metadata for T&J episodes just fine. I do not know if there was ever a fix for this issue.

Has anyone ran into any issues for the sync drift for DVD movies in MC? All of my media is on my unRAID server with the GBit LAN wired connection.

vairulez

• World Citizen
Re: Audio/Video Sync Drift Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 06:28:26 am »

I also have pbs with audio drifting, mostly with tv-shows(720p mkvs). I'm using ROHQ, no hardware acceleration, no bitstreaming, videoclock on, with a gt430.
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 06:30:44 am »

Try RO Std.  A 430 is marginal for HQ.  Reduce any other load on the machine that you can.

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 06:33:45 am »

I can't manage to have perfect smooth video without madvr at 23.976

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 06:34:23 am »

Try it just to test.

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 06:49:02 am »

OK, I've just tried.audio/video seems to keep in sync but video is choppy as hell

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:10:53 pm »

I had this EXACT same issue not that long ago.  Lots of suggestions, tried various fixes, nothing worked.  Finally I just completely uninstalled MC and it's folders and re-installed from scratch, and it worked fine again.  Luckily this was on a client machine that had minimal settings that I needed to re-do.  It would be really nice to have a 'reset audio and video settings to default' option.  Either something got out of wack in an upgrade or a 'fix' I had made a while back for another issue came back to cause problems with the current version of RO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up