INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC mutes all other audio, is there an easy override?  (Read 699 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
MC mutes all other audio, is there an easy override?
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:47:30 pm »

I use the ASIO output in MC which gives MC exclusive control of the soundcard, thus muting everything else.  I understand why, and 95% of the time I appreciate it.  However, sometimes I'm listening to music while browsing the internet and I want to hear something, a youtube video or whatever.  Is there anyway, some hotkey perhaps, to override the soundcard priority so that I don't have to shut down MC just to hear something else?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC mutes all other audio, is there an easy override?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:36:27 pm »

You could create another playback zone and switch to that zone when you wanted to send audio output from other programs.  That zone could be for a different audio device or just DirectSound on the same device.

Then you could try to set up a smartkey to make the switch easier. (I don't use smartkeys so I can't help with that.)

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up