INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 17.0.103, Mytek FW 1.4.2, DoP  (Read 2548 times)

pacwin

• Recent member
MC 17.0.103, Mytek FW 1.4.2, DoP
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:02:06 am »

I hadnt noticed that DoP had slipped into the features for MC but after installing the latest FW from Mytek which is supposed to understand 0x05,0xFA markers I tried to select this bitstreaming option under Video and tried various driver architectures (ASIO, WASAPI etc) to get the DSD disguised as PCM to the DAC but either got no sound or white noise. I presume this is still in development/work in progress and that you have been waiting for the FW change like everyone else.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 17.0.103, Mytek FW 1.4.2, DoP
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 07:27:23 am »

I hadnt noticed that DoP had slipped into the features for MC but after installing the latest FW from Mytek which is supposed to understand 0x05,0xFA markers I tried to select this bitstreaming option under Video and tried various driver architectures (ASIO, WASAPI etc) to get the DSD disguised as PCM to the DAC but either got no sound or white noise. I presume this is still in development/work in progress and that you have been waiting for the FW change like everyone else.
We're working with Mytek on this.  We should have a solution in another week or two.  It may require a firmware update, too.

pacwin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 04:47:25 pm »

Well if its any help the team working on the SACD decoder plugin for Foobar2000 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/) have developed an ASIO proxy driver over the Mytek USB ASIO driver and are now able to send native DSD (as well as DoP). That is using the 1.4.2 firmware. So I hope that you also have a crack at the native DSD streaming with the Mytek as well as DoP. There is some suggestion now though that this is preferentially working with 32 bit ASIO and not 64 bit.

pacwin

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 03:32:10 pm »

An additional observation on the native ASIO situation. An additional player (HQDesktop) is able to stream DSD using the ASIO driver but only the 32 bit version of the driver (FW 1.4.2). It looks like 64 bit OS is currently restricted to DoP method. In that case the problem lies with Rigisystems implementation of the 64 bit USBPAL driver, as I say, their 32 bit one is fine. Its likely to effect JRiver in the same way.

Ychng

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:03:17 am »

Aha, probably why they decided to go with WASAPI instead of ASIO, to avoid this issue. Going to try .106 as soon as I get home!

pretty excited. Thanks to everyone on the development team!

Yeang

Ychng

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:54:54 pm »

:) It's WORKING!!!

Got my Mytek DAC on FW 1.4.2.2 with MC 17.106 streaming DSD perfectly using DSD over PCM on WASAPI-Event Style! Really happy - this is amazing support and I put my money where my mouth is and promptly purchased a full license, as well as JRemote for iPad control.

Matt, thank you so much for getting this done, and my thanks to all the development team that made this happen! it sounds amazing.

Yeang

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 06:50:13 am »

hoping for ASIO DSD streaming support with the Mytek. I use firewire. not sure if the issues is with Mytek firewire drivers or JRiver? using JRiver 17.0.106 and wasapi event is working.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

dvmrp

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 12:25:47 pm »

Ychng, may I know more detail on your setting? I'm still getting "cannot stream because DSD... is not supported". Thanks.

The setup works correctly using Foobar though.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 03:40:24 pm »

Ychng, may I know more detail on your setting? I'm still getting "cannot stream because DSD... is not supported". Thanks.

The setup works correctly using Foobar though.

You might read through this:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD_Format

In particular, make sure you have the latest Media Center and WASAPI - Event Style if you're trying to do DoP.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dvmrp

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 09:59:15 pm »

My problem is that I selected both DSD and DoP. After I disabled DSD and left only DoP enabled, it works. Also, I need to use the MyTek USB utility to set the sample rate to 176.4kHz as well.

Ychng

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 09:27:12 am »

Matt, another issue has cropped up that I wanted to notify the MC team about.

It seems that myself and others have had an issue with mixed PCM and DSD playlists in MC where playing a PCM file right after a DSD file will result in a "xxx this sample rate cannot be started" error message. There are reports that PCM files with a sample rate of 176.4 play ok after a DSD file, which suggests some sort of stuck sample rate.
In my Win 7 x64 system, this is only true with the USB2.0 interface. Connecting the Mytek via FW eliminates this issue; it is likely related to some MC - USB driver interaction where the sample rate is stuck.

Just wanted to let you guys know, and hopefully fix it! USB is important to those of us who have audiophile grade USB card like those from SoTM, as well as expensive USB cables.

Yeang

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 11:32:44 am »

:) It's WORKING!!!

Got my Mytek DAC on FW 1.4.2.2 with MC 17.106 streaming DSD perfectly using DSD over PCM on WASAPI-Event Style! Really happy - this is amazing support and I put my money where my mouth is and promptly purchased a full license, as well as JRemote for iPad control.

Matt, thank you so much for getting this done, and my thanks to all the development team that made this happen! it sounds amazing.

Yeang

Hi

So this is native DSD support without converting to PCM? Ychng, is your SACD collection in DIFF or ISO?
Will DSDx2 get support in the future as well?
Thanks.

Exciting times.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up