INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing from "Playing Now" view to "Audio- Panes" view question.  (Read 787 times)

bhahn

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello-

When I am in the "Playing Now " view and change to "Audio- Panes" view is it possible to go directly to the Artist and Album that was playing in the "Playing Now" view? If so, how is it done?

Thanks!

Bill

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Changing from "Playing Now" view to "Audio- Panes" view question.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:20:55 pm »

By "was playing", I assume this means is no longer playing, but is still in the Playing Now playlist.

You can type:

[=IsInPlayingNow()]=1

in the Search box and then select the file and use Links or Locate to go from there.

Alternatively, and probably easier, is to leave open a Playing Now tab, and switch to it, and use Links / Locate from there.  Consider a split view (View > Split View) also.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing from "Playing Now" view to "Audio- Panes" view question.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 04:58:34 pm »

It's helpful to include an Expression Column like this in the main Audio view: If(IsInPlayingNow(), ♪, ) Then, if you use the Artist link (i.e., the Linked Column icon) in Playing Now, this will flag the individual tracks currently in PN.

If you're comfortable using smartlists, you can also build some based on the IsInPlayingNow() and IsPlaying() functions to show just the files in PN, the Album or Artist of the file currently playing, a selection of similar tracks, etc. Use a Playlist Group or Search List-type pane to select the desired smartlist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up