INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Name Ordering like iTunes please  (Read 945 times)

antique mariner

Name Ordering like iTunes please
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:38:56 pm »

I have just purchased JR and its sound quality is everything I had expected. However one small point is very annoying for a User, although this may be due to my ignorance of the software. In the Name column, using iTunes, if you highlight any name, then press any letter key, the cursor moves the pane directly to those names beginning with that letter, then continuing alphabetically. EG: "w" for "Waits. Watling, Weather ..." etc. In JR I can only find an Arrow that reverses the entire Names list (A-Z or Z-A) then you have to scroll extensively. If the iT Name Finding feature I have mentioned is already present please help me to  employ it. If it is not, then please ask the development team to provide it. Much thanks for your attention, and providing this arena.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Name Ordering like iTunes please
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 05:46:12 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  In the tree on the left, if you expand artists, you can type a letter to jump.

In any list, page up and down work.

Search (upper right) is probably the fastest way to find what you're looking for.

I know that's not what you want, but maybe it will help.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Name Ordering like iTunes please
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:49:26 pm »

Howdy old mariner.

MC does similar.  It has multi-character type-select.

Just select the pane and fairly quickly type what you're looking for.

In a files list, you can select anything in a particular column and type and that column will be searched.

Since there is a timeout (so that additional letters can be typed) you need to wait between subsequent keypresses of the same letter to advance to the next item that begins with that letter.  When the column is sorted, its probably much faster to select the first letter, and then use the arrow keys.

There are alternate techniques too...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up