INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot Rename Certain Video Files  (Read 802 times)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Cannot Rename Certain Video Files
« on: April 18, 2012, 03:12:15 am »

Every now and then I'll come across a video file in my library which MC fails to rename/move. There is usually nothing special about the video itself, but in all cases they are ones that have been in my library for a while, have associated coverart which is also imported in MC, and have an associated XML sidecar file.

I see: "Not all of the selected tracks can be renamed". It doesn't give me any indication why this might be the case, though.

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/7E547B99-5004-478D-A4AC-37AD672F51A4/Cannot_Rename/7945080920.jpg

Click to enlarge.

I've often wondered whether it has to do with the fact that the coverart and/or sidecars are also imported in the library, or whether perhaps the XML was in an older format and causing problems. I've had mixed success with manually removing the sidecar or coverart and updating from library, but this doesn't always work:

Things I've tried
1. Making sure file is not set as 'read only' in windows
2. Updating sidecar from library, and updating library from sidecar
2. Removing any attached coverart files
3. Removing any attached sidecar files

If the above fail, I usually move or rename the file in windows, re-import it, retag it - and the rename/move operation will then work without a hitch.

Has anyone else seen this oddness anywhere?
Pages: [1]   Go Up