INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get "Originally Aired" field as TV Show date?  (Read 1714 times)

lowjoel

• World Citizen
Get "Originally Aired" field as TV Show date?
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:26:29 am »

I see that Get Movie/TV Info scrapes information of various sources. For TV shows, it may be useful to get the date first aired (I think this is especially useful for Anime) and it could be stored in the Date field (which currently holds the file modified, time, AFAICS). I know tvdb does have the first airing date in their database already, so I think it's just a parser tweak.

Is it possible? I'm wondering if other things may be broken by this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Get "Originally Aired" field as TV Show date?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:01:37 am »

I think they renamed the XML from First-Aired to FirstAired.

Anyway, next build:
Changed: TheTVDB lookup was not putting the original air date into the date field for television episodes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:06:28 am »

Any chance of the reverse; getting the Season and Episode Numbers from Episode Names and Original Air dates?

None of the metadata from recordings includes the Numbers, and I really don't know how others are getting this information.
pretend this is something funny

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 10:07:20 am »

Sequential numbering? That kind of assumes that you didn't forget to record an episode...

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:19:17 am »

Sequential numbering? That kind of assumes that you didn't forget to record an episode...

I'm not sure if this was directed at me; but no, sequential numbering isn't what I mean. 

I record TV OTA, and the metadata provided by the broadcaster does not include the Season and Episode Numbers, so this information is not available to use to "Get TV & Movie Info..."  I'm asking if JRiver can use the Episode Name and Original Air Date, which IS included in the OTA data, to lookup these Season & Episode Numbers for me.

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:50:39 pm »

Yup, I was suggesting that you try it out Justin. Hmm. I was thinking more along the lines that the information is already available to you. Assuming you start recording from episode one, your recording would have [Series Name]-1 or the like as the name. If you do not miss any episodes, then the counter should increment, i.e. [Series Name]-2, [Series Name]-3 and so on. Then episode is simply just a regular expression.

But yes, this really assumes you start from a known reference point (if not episode 1) and is rather fragile. But I thought you might like to try it while this feature isn't around.

I agree that the ability to look up based on the reverse would be pretty cool.

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 04:21:31 am »

We're also missing Genre from this scraper system. Would be nice to have for sorting when you have LOT'S of TV Shows.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 11:48:30 am »

Yup, I was suggesting that you try it out Justin. Hmm. I was thinking more along the lines that the information is already available to you.

Sadly, no.  I'm just recording the shows as they are aired on "regular" TV, so I just get whatever is broadcast, which doesn't include Season and/or Episode Numbers.

I seem to be the only one asking for this, so there must be some way everyone else is able to get this information, or some other way to update it; but for all my requesting it, no one has told me how they are obtaining this information.  So, I'm still stuck manually entering the data.  Or, more recently, I've given up on trying, and just use the Episode Name and Air Date to figure out about where I am, and what to watch.

Oh well, I should watch less TV anyway.

The good news is that your original request should be fulfilled very soon :)

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 05:38:49 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up