INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "unhandled win32 exception" all MC17 versions (HDhomeRun or mc2xml related?)  (Read 1902 times)

Warbird777

• Recent member

"unhandled win32 exception" in all versions of MC17, may be related to HDhomeRun tuner device or mc2xml guide

Background:
- MC16 installed and working fine
- tried HDHomeRun's tuner card, setup mc2xml, all seemed to work fine
- uninstalled HDHomeRun (no longer used it)
- upgraded to MC17
- on MC17 startup, I get two dialog boxes:
  1. mc2xml prompt (Service, Options, Zipcode) with an OK button
  2. mc2xml lineup selection (select lineup and press OK)
- MC17 loads and seems fine initially, after two minutes, I get "unhandled win32 exception"

I have tried:
- scanning for "HDHome" entries from the registry and c:\, there were none
- re-installing MC17

Questions:
- mc2xml exists in the MC17\Plugins directory. Do I need to explicitly remove mc2xml (I now forget how I installed that)?
- the Load Program Guide dialog (Drives & Devices, Television, TV Options) seems to be stuck on the mc2xml option
- How do I remove the HDHomeRun tuner devices from the Television Options screen?

In the mean time I continue to use MC16

Thanks,
Michael

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

- MC17 loads and seems fine initially, after two minutes, I get "unhandled win32 exception"

Please use Help > Logging.  After a crash, click the 'Email logs' on the dialog and send to logs at jriver.

- the Load Program Guide dialog (Drives & Devices, Television, TV Options) seems to be stuck on the mc2xml option

What happens if you select 'Download EPG automatically' and go through it one time?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Warbird777

• Recent member

Matt, Thank you for your always lightening response (over many years).

"Please use Help > Logging.  After a crash, click the 'Email logs' on the dialog and send to logs at jriver."
- The logfile is currently empty, I just turned it on and will email it on the next crash.
- MC17 seems to be stable now after removing HDHomeRun...today (I guess I had not done that prior to installing MC17)

"What happens if you select 'Download EPG automatically' and go through it one time?"
- When I select "Download EPG automatically" (and enter "USA", my zip, I get to pick a provider "USA, DISH Network") and click Next, the "Load Program Guide" dialog is un-populated! If I click Next, the Information dialog says "Please connect identifiers with your television channels before continuing."
- How do I disassociate mc2xml from MC17 (and MC16)?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

- When I select "Download EPG automatically" (and enter "USA", my zip, I get to pick a provider "USA, DISH Network") and click Next, the "Load Program Guide" dialog is un-populated! If I click Next, the Information dialog says "Please connect identifiers with your television channels before continuing."

You will have to connect the channels to the corresponding guide entries.  Click the channels one at a time.  Or click 'Auto Match' at the top of the dialog.

Warbird777

• Recent member

I cannot "connect the channels", because the "Load Program Guide" dialog is completely un-populated.
There are no channels listed under the "Channel" column header.
Clicking Auto Match brings up a dialog that states "If an identifier is already associated with a channel, do you want to keep the existing identifier or use the newly matched identifier?" and two buttons, "Keep existing" and "Use New". Clicking either removes the dialog.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

You mean you have no television channels?

Should you, or is the whole point that you're trying to uninstall television?

Warbird777

• Recent member

You mean you have no television channels?
Should you, or is the whole point that you're trying to uninstall television?

Correct, I have no television channels listed.
Probably because I no longer have a tuner installed?

And yes, while I at one time had an HDHomeRun tuner and software (since uninstalled), and mc2xml for schedules, I would like to uninstall mc2xml...and "television" if possible.
Besides not needing TV, these related modules may be what is causing MC17 to crash.

- how does one uninstall "television"?
- how does one uninstall mc2xml? Specifically why is the MC17 installer picking up mc2xml.exe and placing it in the MC17\Plugins directory?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Just do Load Program Guide > Clear program guide (it's near the bottom) > Next > Finish.

This clears any loaded programs and cancels any recurring loading.

There should be nothing else to remove as far as Media Center is concerned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up