INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TSHauppauge 4400 Hybrid PCI - RenderStreamsToWriter error  (Read 2632 times)

Harley Softail

• Recent member
TSHauppauge 4400 Hybrid PCI - RenderStreamsToWriter error
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:48:20 pm »

Hello all

I am having a similar issue.

I purchased MC17 just recently.
I am running a Hauppauge HRV4400 Mod 121XXX which is a hybrid DVB t/S2 in my HTPS running a AMD  Phenom 2 X4 965 and 4GB ram

I loaded the drivers on my unit and then tried to scan for channels.

A wench in all this is that I live in Italy and pointing the Dish to the UK Bird @ 28.2Deg.

When scanning for channels in DBT MC starts scanning and the after a while it stops with no channel listed and issues a scan failled Message

When scanning for channels in DBvs MC starts scanning and issues a scan failled Message.

If I run the wintv SW I do see the channel clearly,  yet not in MC. I unistalled Wintv and its drivers and reinstalled only the drivers. Yet nothing different happens.

If i change the country to Italy and go through the same process I get the same results.
I also powered down my PC and started MC and tried to Scan immediately the channels without doing anything else, to no avail.

The only possible issue i see is that MC17 identifies the card as a model Hauppauge Wintv 885 BDA Tuner/Demod (Digital) or a Hauppauge Wintv 885 Alt BDA Tuner/Demod (digital) Or a Hauppauge Wintv 885 Video Capture (analog)

What Am i doing wrong? ...Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:24:11 am »

I am running a Hauppauge HRV4400 Mod 121XXX which is a hybrid DVB t/S2 in my HTPS running a AMD  Phenom 2 X4 965 and 4GB ram

This device, according to the manufacturer site, is a QUAD Mode tuner (DVB-S2, DVB-S, DVB-T, analog).  In MC, three devices appear.  I am guessing the following:

"Hauppauge WinTV 885 BDA Tuner/Demod" is for DVB-T
"Hauppauge WinTV 885 Alt BDA Tuner/Demod" is for DVB-S/S2
"Hauppauge WinTV 885 Video Capture" is for analog.

Your log shows that you were trying to play a satellite channel using the first one, which failed with an error "invalid argument" because you were trying to pass a satellite channel's tuning parameters to a DVB-T tuner device.

If my theory is correct, you can do the following to correct the problem:

In Standard TV view, click "TV Options..." and choose "Settings...".  In the resulting dialog window, under "Devices" choose "Hauppauge WinTV 885 BDA Tuner/Demod" and click "Configure..." button.  On "Tuner Type" tab, select "DVB-T", and click OK.  Repeat this for "Hauppauge Wintv 885 Alt BDA Tuner/Demod" but set it to DVB-S.

Now when you play a DVB-S channel, MC will pick the right device.

When you scan, you must make sure you pick the right device for scanning.  MC will remember your pick and use it accordingly.  I guess that you initially picked the wrong device for scanning and had trouble getting any channels.  Later you picked the right device for DVB-S scanning, but left the DVB-T one in wrong state.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Harley Softail

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 09:17:20 am »

This device, according to the manufacturer site, is a QUAD Mode tuner (DVB-S2, DVB-S, DVB-T, analog).  In MC, three devices appear.  I am guessing the following:

"Hauppauge WinTV 885 BDA Tuner/Demod" is for DVB-T
"Hauppauge WinTV 885 Alt BDA Tuner/Demod" is for DVB-S/S2
"Hauppauge WinTV 885 Video Capture" is for analog.

Your log shows that you were trying to play a satellite channel using the first one, which failed with an error "invalid argument" because you were trying to pass a satellite channel's tuning parameters to a DVB-T tuner device.

If my theory is correct, you can do the following to correct the problem:

In Standard TV view, click "TV Options..." and choose "Settings...".  In the resulting dialog window, under "Devices" choose "Hauppauge WinTV 885 BDA Tuner/Demod" and click "Configure..." button.  On "Tuner Type" tab, select "DVB-T", and click OK.  Repeat this for "Hauppauge Wintv 885 Alt BDA Tuner/Demod" but set it to DVB-S.

Now when you play a DVB-S channel, MC will pick the right device.

When you scan, you must make sure you pick the right device for scanning.  MC will remember your pick and use it accordingly.  I guess that you initially picked the wrong device for scanning and had trouble getting any channels.  Later you picked the right device for DVB-S scanning, but left the DVB-T one in wrong state.

Thank for this suggestion, I did find channels. Now i understand your SW logic.

if i may make first a suggestion

In dividing the channels as you mention, one need to scan twice to scan both DVB-t and DVB-s channel. However I started to scan first the DVB-t channels on
"Hauppauge WinTV 885 BDA Tuner/Demod" and click "Configure..." button.  On "Tuner Type" tab, select "DVB-T" and found no channels Fine. then I scanned DVB-s on the "Alt" and it found channels The I rescanned DVB-t again and again it found no channel. However I cancelled all channels found in DVB-s. ,,,, This should not happen,,,,. Now i am rescanning DVB-s  and it is finding the channels again.

As you may expect some channels are duplicated. Now to correct these i would go to TV options and select edit channels.
 This is fine However when selecting channel to delete, by inserting a checkmark next to it and hit delete. the solution will only delete the highlighted channel. I would suggest to first choose the Channel(s) and the delete. The delete button would then delete all check channels.

Furthermore Now that I have all the DVB s channels loaded, when I try to watch them and I get the Error Message
"something went wrong with Playback
Details
Digital TRSendeerStreamToWriter - Fail to build upstream graph
No combination of immediate filters could be found to make connection"

This occurs after the screen goes black with the same message.

?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 09:47:04 am »

Furthermore Now that I have all the DVB s channels loaded, when I try to watch them and I get the Error Message
"something went wrong with Playback
Details
Digital TRSendeerStreamToWriter - Fail to build upstream graph
No combination of immediate filters could be found to make connection"

This occurs after the screen goes black with the same message.

?

Did this happen after you set "Hauppauge WinTV 885 BDA Tuner/Demod" to DVB-T and "Hauppauge WinTV 885 Alt BDA Tuner/Demod" to DVB-S?

The last part of your previous log was showing this error, and it was because MC was trying to load "Hauppauge WinTV 885 BDA Tuner/Demod" when it should have loaded "Hauppauge WinTV 885 Alt BDA Tuner/Demod".

Since you have only DVB-S channels now, try moving the DVB-S tuner to the top of the list.

Harley Softail

• Recent member
Re: TSHauppauge 4400 Hybrid PCI - RenderStreamsToWriter error
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 05:41:11 am »

Thank you Very much for your assistance, I took your suggestions and now it seems to work, In a post of compatible PCI TV cards My card is not mentioned. Should this mean it is not conforming or is it incompatible.

I love MC 17 It fits my bill. I hope you really take a look at the internal processes and processes allocations as It would simplify the install and the management of your SW.

Please keep up your good work

Regards William Bravin :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 06:39:30 am »

I am glad it is working now.

We are looking into automatically detecting device types so users do not have make such choices.

Harley Softail

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 07:38:25 am »

Hello There; Just to inform you that I am glad you are working on this matter. I
Pages: [1]   Go Up