INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonic Foundry's Siren Jukebox Abandoned - Possible Pool Of New Customers?  (Read 1491 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid

I'm not sure when it happened, but Siren has officially been abandoned by Sonic Foundry. This leaves a lot of former Siren customers who have no where to go to find updates for their player. I'd suggest going to the Siren forums and pusing Media Jukebox. One thing that would help big would be develop a PCA (Perfect Clarity Audio) plugin for MJ, as a lot of people there are unhappy about having ripped CD's using that format and now don't have anything to play it on. I'm not sure how possible it would be to create one, as it's Sonic Foundry's proprietary, lossless format, but if it's doable, then it would be a great way to lure some of those people away.

nila

RE:Sonic Foundry's Siren Jukebox Abandoned
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2002, 04:47:03 pm »

Hmm, that was pretty good software too.
One of the few other Jukeboxes I found that I liked much. You guys are in with a BIG chance to steal TONS of customers I'd imagine.
Get 8 final out ASAP and cheat (make your site turn up for searches of Siren Next Page

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Sonic Foundry's Siren Jukebox Abandoned - Of New Customers?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2002, 05:10:36 pm »

Nila,
Our goal is to win without cheating.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

jgourd

RE:Sonic Foundry's Siren Jukebox Abandoned
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2002, 07:37:21 pm »

As a former Siren user who switched to MJ last year, I will not miss it. It did have one HUGE advantage over MJ: The file organization panel. It was fully customizable and allowed multiple sorts, and grouping of files. The grouping was terrific!

Scronch

Having your site show up on searches of Siren or Sonic Foundry is not cheating; it's good business.  All it takes is one web page that acknowledges the recent fate of Siren.  It can be done very tastefully, namely by stating your goals of what you want to deliver to your customers, and by including a press release about Siren being dropped.  Then do whatever it takes to float your page to the top on search engine results.

Scronch
Pages: [1]   Go Up