INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client / server configuration  (Read 1512 times)

klauss

• Recent member
Client / server configuration
« on: April 22, 2012, 05:00:55 pm »

My JRiver client is connected to a JRiver library server. Whenever I am done watching and I delete a TV show or video it’s a shot in the dark if the file is really deleted from the library and the file system. Initially the client shows it’s gone and later when I start the client again the file is back.

When I stop a TV show in the middle to continue watching later JRiver does not save that position. The next time I have to fast forward to where I stopped watching.

Also, I download TV shows from the internet and put them in the folder where all my other downloads are stored. Even though the JRiver server runs continuously and I would expect that new shows are picked up in minutes, if not seconds, it’s not the case. It takes a really long time. Very frequently I just have to force the sync. And even then, I need to re-start the client in order to pick up the changes.

I have configured the client to sync changes back and sometimes it does work but most of the time it just doesn’t.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Client / server configuration
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:32:08 pm »

Make sure the server has authentication turned on (Options > Media Network).

Make sure client sync is on for each client (Options > Media Network).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

klauss

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:38:14 pm »

Server authentication and client sync have been turned on since I installed everything.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 06:44:31 pm »

What is the full version of MC that you're using?  Is it the same on both sides?

klauss

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 07:51:32 pm »

I am using 17.0.122 on both sides

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 08:20:13 pm »

My JRiver client is connected to a JRiver library server. Whenever I am done watching and I delete a TV show or video it’s a shot in the dark if the file is really deleted from the library and the file system. Initially the client shows it’s gone and later when I start the client again the file is back.

I am seeing both of these issues on my clients as well.  When I delete a program from theater view, it is removed from theater view, but it will sometimes reappear.  Most of the time, it looks like the file is deleted, but the record is still in MC.  If I try and play the show (after it is deleted), I usually get an error of some type..

When I stop a TV show in the middle to continue watching later JRiver does not save that position. The next time I have to fast forward to where I stopped watching.

We have been seeing this also.  We are set so that MC askes if we want to start from the beginning or resume.  Sometimes we are prompted, but not always.

I haven't noticed any issues with sync between the client and the server.  I am running 17.0.129 and I have authentication and sync with server on.

Edit - I just ran a test.  I finished watching The Amazing Race from the client in the bedroom.  I deleted it from there using theater view.  I then opened MC (which synced with server) on my laptop and the show was still in the database.  I tried to watch it and I was prompted to start from the begining or resume, so I selected start from the begining.  MC showed 'opening' and nothing else happened.

I am recording in .ts and the file is not on the server, so it was deleted, but it was not removed from the server database.

I hope this helps.

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up