INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roller Font Size in Theater view  (Read 4704 times)

dhiggins

• World Citizen
Roller Font Size in Theater view
« on: March 04, 2012, 01:27:26 pm »

A little esoteric maybe but here goes.

In theater view, there's a "Main" Roller and a sub roller.

When a Roller looses focus, like when you move from main to subroller, it's font size decreases slightly, and the roller with focus has it's font size increase slightly.

This looks good, and is no big deal when you're using a remote control with up down left right to control it.

BUT....

If you're using theater view in conjunction with a touchscreen, the shifting font size means you almost always "miss" what you just touched, and consequently, MC usually ends up "selecting" the wrong thing.

Is there any way to prevent the font size for changing? I looked through the Skin XML but didn't see anything for font size with respect to the Roller controls.

Any ideas?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Roller Font Size in Theater view
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 06:46:45 am »

I'm not sure if this is possible to fix with customizing skins. It might be.

I hope things like this will get a bit more focus as well. I have not used a touch screen with Theater View yet my self, but I hopefully will within a few months. I'm however a bit skeptical as to who well it actually works in real life. I think there might be a few things that would be needed to be tweaked a bit for navigation in Theater View to work great on multitouch touch screens.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

dhiggins

• World Citizen
Re: Roller Font Size in Theater view
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 05:14:39 pm »

I ended up buying a copy of AlbumPlayer for use on my jukebox.

Stinks because MC is Soooo much better at everything else.

Skins (esp static skins like what one would expect on a jukebox) just need some love.

Maybe MC18? <nudge, nudge, wink, wink>
Pages: [1]   Go Up