INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standalone HI-END AUDIO center  (Read 2486 times)

ampex

• Recent member
Standalone HI-END AUDIO center
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:12:11 am »

Hi,
MS 17 is cool.
All of your media collection is beautifully displayed and played.
But for lovers of high-quality audio playback is not necessary to have a lot of needless features.
Yes, it is possible to disable some modules myself, but many are not used and not needed routines is still available.

It would be nice to create a HI-END AUDIO MEDIA CENTER exclusively for audio playback.
Should be added playback SACD ISO, setting for a specific room correction with measurement microphone, analog/digital(VU dBa) program meters, etc.
I think will be additional demand for this product.

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
Re: Standalone HI-END AUDIO center
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 07:38:11 am »

Honestly, I donīt understand why audiophiles doesnīt like that JRiver can handle all media... The download and install size is really small and as you did say, everyone can hide the features they want... I donīt see this to be such big issue, that JRiver gets splitted to two downloads...
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

cytomark

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:26:22 pm »

Never underestimate the depth of the paranoia of we audiophiles. We just know that something in there is degrading our sound. We lie awake at night worrying about this.

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 04:29:23 am »

I'm considering myself as an audiophile I've tried Jplay several times in its successive versions and I still look for what could be the improvement brought to playing of my audio files with it (using JPlay mini or JRiver MC plugin).

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:25:24 am »

Hi,
MS 17 is cool.
All of your media collection is beautifully displayed and played.
But for lovers of high-quality audio playback is not necessary to have a lot of needless features.
Yes, it is possible to disable some modules myself, but many are not used and not needed routines is still available.

It would be nice to create a HI-END AUDIO MEDIA CENTER exclusively for audio playback.
Should be added playback SACD ISO, setting for a specific room correction with measurement microphone, analog/digital(VU dBa) program meters, etc.
I think will be additional demand for this product.

I must say.  I use to think this way as well.  Until I tried other well know brands.  MC as it is along with all the video stuff IMHO is head and shoulders above the rest (Windows base). 

I also use to be a XBMC user, now I only use MC for audio and video.  However,  I do have audio exclusive music servers and video exclusive HTPC's.  I just import only music for the my C.A.P.S v2.0 server and I import only video for my HTPC's.  I also configure theaterview as such.  The HTPC's will have no audio options - and the C.A.P.S will have no video options. 

There you have it.  One program used two ways.
Pages: [1]   Go Up