INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Perfectwave DAC in 'Playing Now' [Solved]  (Read 2634 times)

ggdobbs

• Recent member
Lost Perfectwave DAC in 'Playing Now' [Solved]
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:18:10 am »

I have been using MC15 very successfully for some time - streaming WAV files to my Perfectwave Bridge and DAC.
Today  MC15 wont seem to recognise the DAC on the network. I have tried resetting the options in 'Media Network' making sure DLNA Server, Renderer and Controller are all ticked - restarting DAC, PC, Router etc. All connections are fine.
The problem seemed to start when I accidentally clicked on a video file which MC attempted to open - it then started to download a plugin it said it needed. I terminated the installation as I wish to use MC15 only for audio (and only to stream to the bridge/DAC).

I would appreciate advice on how to get back to where I was.
Once I am there I would like to know if it is possible to make the Perfectwav DAC the only zone in 'Playing Now' (zone one is the PC soundcard)

Many thanks in anticipation

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lost Perfectwave DAC in 'Playing Now'
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:43:28 pm »

I have been using MC15 very successfully for some time - streaming WAV files to my Perfectwave Bridge and DAC.
Today  MC15 wont seem to recognise the DAC on the network. I have tried resetting the options in 'Media Network' making sure DLNA Server, Renderer and Controller are all ticked - restarting DAC, PC, Router etc. All connections are fine.
The problem seemed to start when I accidentally clicked on a video file which MC attempted to open - it then started to download a plugin it said it needed. I terminated the installation as I wish to use MC15 only for audio (and only to stream to the bridge/DAC).

I would appreciate advice on how to get back to where I was.
Once I am there I would like to know if it is possible to make the Perfectwav DAC the only zone in 'Playing Now' (zone one is the PC soundcard)

Many thanks in anticipation
You are selecting the Perfectwav zone before attempting to play something I assume...

Just guessing but I'd make sure the DLNA server you created has the "always convert" option set for audio to whatever you used before (wav or l16).
Sample rate?
Turn on DLNAExtra?
Power cycle the DAC?

I'm pretty sure you can't eliminate the default zone.

ggdobbs

• Recent member
Re: Lost Perfectwave DAC in 'Playing Now'
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:11:32 pm »

Many thanks Bob.
Sometimes I can't believe how dumb I am. As soon as I read your 'power cycle the DAC' I realised I hadn't tried that. Did it and it now works perfectly again.
Regards
Graeme
Pages: [1]   Go Up