INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jrControl: Android (4) music controller app for tablets (work in progress)  (Read 6018 times)

TMA-1

• World Citizen

Im in the progress of making an J River Media Center music controll-app for Android tablets.
It is primarliy for my own enjoyment but I will make it avaliable when it's done.
It will not have many features other then browsing and playing music.
Here are some screenshots of it's current state:

Start view

Albums view

Artist view

Track view

Download

Ok, the app is now in a usable state so anyone willing to try it is welcomed to do so.

First a rather strong disclaimer:
I take no responsability for anything regarding this app what so ever!

Remember, Im a beginner app-developer and this is my first real app. You will probably find a bunch of buggs, if you get it to work at all =).  
It is made for myself and it is made to be used the way I listen to my music. If that happens to fit the way you use your JR Media Center thats great, but I have not taken any other user in account other then myself. Just so you know =)

To make it work you need to in MC use "Use media network to share this library".
An you can NOT use "Authentication".
In the app, just enter your server ip-number and port and you should be good to go =)

Feel free to post any bugs you find (probably several), and I'll go through them when I have time and are willing, if ever ;-)

The app is way to shabby to publish on Google Play so you can download it from the top of this thread.

Download jrControl here: JRControl_v0.1.1.apk

Version history
v0.1.1 -
  • Fixed bug with the controls.
  • Tracknumbers are now loading correctly.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen

This looks very nice  :)
Looking forward to it.

May I perhaps ask you a qustion, not to steal this thread,
If you know something about writing apps, could it be possible
to make something like this, not the point to ask you to do it,
but maybe throw my self into it.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71712.0

Thomas

TMA-1

• World Citizen

Looking forward to it.

Thomas

I guess it would be possible. Not that I have a clue of how without investigating it a bit further =)

TMA-1

• World Citizen

Ok, the app is now in a usable state so anyone willing to try it is welcomed to do so.

First a rather strong disclaimer:
I take no responsability for anything regarding this app what so ever!

Remember, Im a beginner app-developer and this is my first real app. You will probably find a bunch of buggs, if you get it to work at all =).  
It is made for myself and it is made to be used the way I listen to my music. If that happens to fit the way you use your JR Media Center thats great, but I have not taken any other user in account other then myself. Just so you know =)

To make it work you need to in MC use "Use media network to share this library".
An you can NOT use "Authentication".
In the app, just enter your server ip-number and you should be good to go =)

Feel free to post any bugs you find (probably several), and I'll go through them when I have time and are willing, if ever ;-)

The app is way to shabby to publish on Google Play so you can download it from the top of this thread.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers

Looking forward to it.

Thomas

I am working on a WebGizmo based remote right now that may be what you are looking for.
Here is a visual of the one I am almost done with for my  phone.
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers

Download JRControl

When I try to install I get a parse error. Running Android 2.3.5
Sean

TMA-1

• World Citizen

Ah, sorry. I missed to mention that it is made for Android 4.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen

Very nice interface, works well on Moto Xoom (ICS 4.0.4)

rgds
Marty

TMA-1

• World Citizen

Very nice interface, works well on Moto Xoom (ICS 4.0.4)

rgds
Marty
Thanks.  I also have a Moto Xoom so that is the only tablet I have tested it on.  :)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team

I have an asus transformer tab that I'd like to test this on, but I need to have authentication enabled on my library.
Multiple people in the household connect to the library and edit their own tags and I connect from work and change rating tags from there.
Gonna keep an eye on this in case you update it to support auth later.

TMA-1

• World Citizen

I have an asus transformer tab that I'd like to test this on, but I need to have authentication enabled on my library.
Multiple people in the household connect to the library and edit their own tags and I connect from work and change rating tags from there.
Gonna keep an eye on this in case you update it to support auth later.

Yes, I want to use authentication too so it's not impossible such an update will come sometime.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team

I turned authentication off temporarily just so I could try this out.
I enter the server IP address, but nowhere do you ask for a port number.
My MC server listens on port 4900.
When I fill just the ip address 10.0.0.10 into the prompt and click connect, I get "could not establish a connection".
I took a shot in the dark and tried 10.0.0.10:4900 but that caused "unfortunately, jriverremote has stopped."
http://10.0.0.10:4900 works fine in the web browser.

TMA-1

• World Citizen

I turned authentication off temporarily just so I could try this out.
I enter the server IP address, but nowhere do you ask for a port number.
My MC server listens on port 4900.
When I fill just the ip address 10.0.0.10 into the prompt and click connect, I get "could not establish a connection".
I took a shot in the dark and tried 10.0.0.10:4900 but that caused "unfortunately, jriverremote has stopped."
http://10.0.0.10:4900 works fine in the web browser.

Ah, I use the default port number and forgotten all about it because of that. I guess I'll add a port number field with the default port number pre entered  :)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team

I tried clearing out 4900 from the setting in MC, but it didn't re-fill it with the default port, so I have no idea what it is.

TMA-1

• World Citizen

Ok, Im back from vacation. I added a port-field to the app. New file in the top of this thread.

Ekpen

Hi;
I am not able to download this file. I am using MC 17.82 with Chrome. When I clicked on the file to download, I get gabbage. The link does not work either.
 Can you find a way to put this file in our normal "Skins and Plugins" or provide another way to get it?

Thanks.
Ekpen.

TMA-1

• World Citizen

I've tried the link from my work place and from home. On a computer, one Xoom tablet and one smartphone and all can access the file. The link goes directly to a apk-file. I don't really know how else I could provide it. I can e-mail it to you if you like?
Pages: [1]   Go Up