INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Crashes if TV Recording playback is poor quality  (Read 825 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
MC Crashes if TV Recording playback is poor quality
« on: April 29, 2012, 06:25:32 am »

I have seen this a couple of times now. I'm playing back OTA TV recordings and the recording is bad quality in some spots (OTA TV reception was poor (i.e. raining, etc., ?) I guess, since I'm not around when the recording happens). The playback starts to show some sporatic artifacts (picture gets "blocky", breakup of picture, audio breakup, etc). Not bad enough that I would stop watching but nonetheless anoying. Also the breakup is not consistent (meaning the picture quality is good most of the time, then the dropout occurs for a couple of seconds and then the picture returns to normal).

Last night, the Crash occured near the end of the show. I saved the log, then restarted MC. I wanted to finish the show so I seeked to the area where it previously stopped. I watched another two minutes and it crashed again. The second crash cause audio to "get stuck" on one sound ( da, da, da, da, da, ...). I had to Close program to stop sound.

Both Logs attached. The fault module was nvd3dum.dll
Ideally, MC should be a little more forgiving of poor recordings. I hope these logs can help.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up