INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HVR 1800 lines in S-Video capture  (Read 1594 times)

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
HVR 1800 lines in S-Video capture
« on: April 30, 2012, 07:57:51 am »

I just got an HVR 1800 on Ebay since I am having issues with using my HVR 2250 s-video while the ATSC is recording.  I figured I would have a dedicated HVR for analog capture.  Watching live or recorded TV captured on that card via s-video anytime there is alot of action or the camera pans pretty quick there are lines all over the screen then once the action is done it goes back to normal again.  I need to know pretty quick if the card is bad so i can contact the seller for a refund.

Also when I start watching live TV on it the audio is off.  If I stop it then go to a different channel most of the time it is ok.  If I pause it though it gives me an error saying something like there was no sutable audio encoder found and audio will not be compressed (or something like that).  The message show for just a second then goes away so I never can read the entire thing fast enough.  This may be a similar issue to my HVR 2250 with no audio that Yaobing fixed a couple of weeks ago.

I am hoping both of these are fixable ;)

Thanks!

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HVR 1800 lines in S-Video capture
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:32:09 am »

I figured I would have a dedicated HVR for analog capture.  Watching live or recorded TV captured on that card via s-video anytime there is alot of action or the camera pans pretty quick there are lines all over the screen then once the action is done it goes back to normal again.
Sounds like a deinterlacing problem from what you describe. There is an option to add a deinterlacing filter in the TV capture, but mine just says no suitable filters found when I try and activate it. Anyone got any ideas which filters are suitable for this part of the chain? You could try and force deinterlacing in MadVR/LAV filters if you use these for the playback.
Also when I start watching live TV on it the audio is off.  If I stop it then go to a different channel most of the time it is ok.  If I pause it though it gives me an error saying something like there was no sutable audio encoder found and audio will not be compressed (or something like that).  The message show for just a second then goes away so I never can read the entire thing fast enough.  This may be a similar issue to my HVR 2250 with no audio that Yaobing fixed a couple of weeks ago.
Can't answer this one!

SBR

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 08:45:43 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.  I thought it may have been something like that but when I go in to configure the anaolog device deinterlacing is greyed and it says "deinterlace filter not availbale. Please make sure the filter is installed".  It may be a card that Yaobing has not fully set up for MC.  He had to do some work on it a couple of weeks ago for my analog capture on my 2250 so hopefully it will be an easy fix.  He is doing a great job at fixing these things and making MC better for all ;D .

As far as the audio, my 2250 is set up for hardware encoding in the analog channels but that is an option for the 1800.  I sent a log to Yaobing so maybe he can figure it out this week :) .

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:56:27 am »

opy01,

You have email.

The problem is most likely caused by MC not using the hardware encoding feature of the device.  I hope one day we will be able to automatically detect such situation, but for now, we are dealing with it on device-by-device basis.  We therefore need users to send in some info on the particular devices in order to make proper use of the hardware encoding.

Yaobing
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:14:39 am »

Info sent.  Auto detection would be nice and save you time but for now I am happy helping make MC better by providing info ;) .  Except for my ESATA RAID tower this should be the last piece of hardware installed.  Once multiple analog devices are supported the DVR portion should be pretty much up to par with SageTV (in my opinion :D ).

Thanks for the awesome support!  I have not regretted buying this software ;D .

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 03:38:07 pm »

Thanks Yaobing for fixing it! 

Now I can't wait for multiple s-video recording ;D .
Pages: [1]   Go Up