INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo Essential Feature Add Requests  (Read 913 times)

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
Gizmo Essential Feature Add Requests
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:27:36 am »

I've been using Gizmo since it was first released and it's come a long way and it's great. I love it.  Doesn't mean it couldn't be better.  There are just a couple of things missing from Gizmo to make it the perfect Android Music Streaming App.
1. Cache frenquenly played songs - Add Feature that allows Gizmo to cache most recently played songs simular to how Google Play works.  Right now, every time I play the same song it re-streams the entire song from my htpc.  There's no intelligence there and that's extremely wasteful of bandwidth especially with my 2GB data cap limits.  I'd also like to see a setting added with this feature that allows the user to configure the size of the music caching.  Maybe have three options that allows the user to cache 20,30,40 most recently played songs or even allow the user to set how many MB's of storage the cached songs take up and if you add that setting you must allow the user to be able to purge cached songs if they are trying to free up storage.
2. Better Gizmo Bluetooth integration - make Gizmo comply with BT 2.1 A2DP specifications while in use.  Right now when I'm using Gizmo and I stream music via Bluetooth, Gizmo does not respond to the Bluetooth audio controls like to be able to skip fwd & backword to other songs.  If Gizmo is playing via BT and I click next track on the BT device, a second built-in music app then starts to play along with Gizmo at the same time.  Obviously there needs to be better BT integration with Android so that this doesn't happen.
3. Gizmo notification icon -  place a notification icon on top of Android Notification bar while playing or in use.  This is a subtle feature that takes an Android app to another level. Right now if I'm playing music using Gizmo and I go to another app, it's hard to navigate back to apps to bring up the Gizmo app to the front so that I can control the app again.   If this thing was more integrated with BT A2DP controls, this would not be as much of an issue.  Still while music is playing, there definitely needs to be a Gizmo notification icon on the icon bar.
4. Make Tablet friend/aware version of the Gizmo app.  When installed on an tablet I'd like to see the interface change slightly to accomodate the larger screen size.  Also make the navication icons larger and the thumbnail image size larger since it is a tablet screen.

Implement these four feature adds with associated settings and Gizmo will be on another planet it will be so tight.