INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: messy episodes  (Read 1053 times)

cesaverd

messy episodes
« on: May 04, 2012, 07:58:30 am »

hello.
My problem is this: when I see episodes of a series in the theate mode they are messy, do not follow the season-episode order but the order in which they were entered in the database. , how I can correct it?
Thanks in advance

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: messy episodes
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 08:44:07 am »

The problem is wrong sort settings. Defaults in theater view are in some cases.... messy.

Go to Tools - Options - Theater View - Items to Show. There you find the view that is messy. For example the Video / Shows / Season view.
Click "Set rules for file display..."
Under "Modify Results" you select "Sort by" and click "Add"
Choose "A-Z" and "Season"
Do the same for Episode

Your list should then say:
Season (a-z)
Episode (a-z)

This means that it will sort on Season numbers first, then episode numbers. From the lowest number to the highest. Z-A would be the opposite.

You can do LOTS in this Items to Show options. It's worth spending some time here to figure out how it works.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

cesaverd

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 09:42:56 am »

Issue resolved, thanks for the quick response

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 06:19:08 pm »

The problem is wrong sort settings. Defaults in theater view are in some cases.... messy.

Go to Tools - Options - Theater View - Items to Show. There you find the view that is messy. For example the Video / Shows / Season view.
Click "Set rules for file display..."
Under "Modify Results" you select "Sort by" and click "Add"
Choose "A-Z" and "Season"
Do the same for Episode

Your list should then say:
Season (a-z)
Episode (a-z)

This means that it will sort on Season numbers first, then episode numbers. From the lowest number to the highest. Z-A would be the opposite.

You can do LOTS in this Items to Show options. It's worth spending some time here to figure out how it works.

MrHaugen,

How does setting episodes (a-z) alphabets work  on numbers? (1-10)..  Shouldn't there be a setting for numbers specifically.

Or better yet - this should just be the default???

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 06:26:48 pm »

Or better yet - this should just be the default???

In my opinion, yes. It should. I don't want to speak out to loud, because it's a very long time since I've had a default Theater View setup. But I think there are still a few improvements that most people would enjoy as defaults.

The A-Z numbering includes numbers. It's just an indicator for what direction the sorting goes. It could be called 0-Z, sure. But people might mistake the zero for a "o", and that would not be much better I think?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 06:49:58 pm »

In my opinion, yes. It should. I don't want to speak out to loud, because it's a very long time since I've had a default Theater View setup. But I think there are still a few improvements that most people would enjoy as defaults.

The A-Z numbering includes numbers. It's just an indicator for what direction the sorting goes. It could be called 0-Z, sure. But people might mistake the zero for a "o", and that would not be much better I think?

8) OK - got it
Pages: [1]   Go Up