INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression Error (function missing closing parens...  (Read 1288 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
Expression Error (function missing closing parens...
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:26:06 pm »

I see this error... and if I right click on a column header and choose edit expression column.. sure enough there is an error... and I can fix it there, press okay and it works right...

But later the error is back again.

Where is the master copy of the expression stored and how can I get to it and fix it for all playlists and views for good?

I can't find the field in "manage library fields".

rick.ca

Re: Expression Error (function missing closing parens...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 07:57:23 pm »

There is no 'master copy'—it is what you see in the column Expression Editor. Does your expression column refer to any expression fields? If so, make sure they're not producing errors. Otherwise, I suggest you post the expression so others might see what the problem is. There have been quite a few changes lately that affect this, so it's also possible you've found a bug.

DoubtingThomas

Re: Expression Error (function missing closing parens...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »

Thanks for the reply... I sat here for a long time playing.. till I finally got it... remembered it.  MC is a very complex and powerful pgm...

I fixed my bad expressions.. and *THEN* saved the preset... shutdown MC and restarted, it seems to have "taken".... so actually there was a "master copy"... stored in the preset.

As always.. most solutions are obvious once understood.

I've been using MC since v7 and somethings I set up years ago...  
Pages: [1]   Go Up