INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't see a "Wish List"...  (Read 1544 times)

Duane

• Recent member
  • Thanks for the efforts, MJ guys...
Don't see a "Wish List"...
« on: September 17, 2003, 08:21:47 am »

So I guess it's incorporated here...

2 things I'd like to see in upcoming versions of MJ are:

1.) Media Editor edits in MP3, OGG, etc., without having to convert to WAV and back... (It would save a lot of time and not be as memory- hoggish...)

2.) MJ can record any sound, video, etc., that's played through a sound or video card on the computer. (Some media files on sites, that you can play or see, etc., don't DL like they're supposed to, according to the respective site's instructions...  this would cure that.  Also, it would make recording radio programs from station sites much easier.)

All in all, I still say that MJ is as good as it gets...
Not interested in pyrotechnic displays... Just usable, performance- oriented features...

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Don't see a "Wish List"...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 08:28:06 am »

I think they are almost on version 10 now
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Duane

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 11:04:13 am »

Cool...:o)

(BTW... I saw the "Wish List"...  I just looked in the wrong place..)

Thanks...
Not interested in pyrotechnic displays... Just usable, performance- oriented features...

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Don't see a "Wish List&qu
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 03:06:36 pm »

1.) Media Editor edits in MP3, OGG, etc., without having to convert to WAV and back... (It would save a lot of time and not be as memory- hoggish...)

Not to mention eliminating the sound quality degradation that occurs when convertng from mp3/ogg --> wav --> mp3/ogg.

There are a some freeware editors that will do what you want. Try a Google search for mp3directcut or musicutter.

2.) MJ can record any sound, video, etc., that's played through a sound or video card on the computer.

Unfortunately, this would probably allow users to bypass any sort of copy protection that an audio file/stream might be encoded with, which means that this feature most likely won't be implemented.

Rob

Duane

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 03:20:15 pm »

"Unfortunately, this would probably allow users to bypass any sort of copy protection that an audio file/stream might be encoded with, which means that this feature most likely won't be implemented. "

Just an idea... I know that other (non- jukebox) programs do it...  And it would eliminate the need for Real Audio altogether...  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up