INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top row of Live TV guide messed up  (Read 2537 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Top row of Live TV guide messed up
« on: May 08, 2012, 05:53:28 pm »

Any idea what is going on with the top line in my TV Guide? I already shutdown and restarted MC, and tried scolling to bottom and back to top.
I checked all the video settings and don't see anything wrong (most is still at default). I'm running RO+HQ. Ver .147

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Top row of Live TV guide messed up
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »

I think this happens when the guide has overlapping programs.

What happens if you clear the guide and reload it?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 12:46:34 am »

What happens if you clear the guide and reload it?
See this from time to time.

Yup, this usually fixes it.

SBR

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:22:37 am »

Clearing the guide and reloading it fixed it.
What causes overlapping programs?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 08:43:01 am »

Clearing the guide and reloading it fixed it.
What causes overlapping programs?

I'm not sure.

I'm guessing it's the EPG data, or maybe when there are programming changes to existing data.  We try to handle overlaps, but obviously there's some case we're missing.

If anyone can find a way to reproduce it, please let us know.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 09:07:21 am »

Every time I added a new capture device the top row, no matter what channel, was screwed up until I reloaded the EPG.  When I first loaded my ATSC channels ch 2 was messed up then I deleted channel 2 and it seemed to be ok.  Later when I built my new system ch 4 did this because I deleted ch 2 instantly.  When I installed my new card for analog capture and loaded the EPG again this happened again on ch 4 (top row).  Every time this happens clearing the guide and reloading it fixed it.

I still have my old HTPC with my old PVR in it.  I'll plug it in this afternoon, reload the card and EPG fresh in MC17 and see what happens.

NickF

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 09:57:46 am »

I don't believe this is overlapping programs.  I have had this happen several times when setting up and testing.  It only ever occurs on the top channel line of the grid.  Why would only the first channel have overlapping programs?  Also, look carefully at the screenshot in CountryBumpkin's post.  There are at least three layers of text, possibly more.  There are at least two 1/2 hour program's in each 1/2 hour slot but there is a 1 hour program from 8 to 9.  It would be useful to try to decipher these and see whether the entries belong to that channel or others - my guess is others.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 10:54:16 am »

I have seen this issue whenever I remove channels from my channel lineup.  In my case, the programs that were shown on the top line were from the channels that I removed from the lineup.  It appeared to me that when the guide was shown, the shows that no longer had a channel associated with them were put on the top line.  I never did clear my guide, but after about two weeks everything cleaned up.  I assumed this was because when MC retrieved more guide data, it did not get new data for the channels I had removed from the lineup.  After a couple weeks, there was nothing to display for these channels and the top row cleared up.

Alex

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 11:30:36 am »

That actually would make sense.  When I added the new card I added the STB channels and the EPG then I went through deleting unwanted channels.  Thats when i noticed it return after fixing it the first time. As soon as my show finishes recording at noon I will test this with a channel I meant to remove last week.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 12:10:32 pm »

As soon as I deleted ch 39 and went into theater view the top row now has the EPG infor for ch 39 overlapping it.

NickF

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 12:21:42 pm »

Confirmed. I've just done the same test with the same result.  MC is placing the guide data for any deleted channels which used to have a guide association in the top row of the guide.

Should be simple to fix, I hope!

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 12:04:04 pm »

Good detective work.

Next build:
Fixed: Guide entries for deleted channels could incorrectly appear and overlap valid entries in the Theater View EPG.

NickF

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 05:52:53 pm »

Good news.  Thanks Matt.

Nick.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 04:57:46 am »

Matt,
I still have a problem with the TV guide. I'm running .151. Your post said fixed with next release (did you mean 151 or 152).  Becasue .151 didn't fix it.

I have not deleted any channels since my first post. My guide was cleared and reloaded since my original posting.
I noticed the guide data being "overwritten" is from data that does not have a channel associated with it. Last night channel 2.1 was playing "America's Got Talent" (it was a 2 hour program) however the Guide showed that time block broken into several smaller shows (that do not exist).
It looks like the bad data is comming from a channel I previously deleted (prior to clearing guide data). I think the channel is no longer displayed but the data is still being downloaded and displayed in the top row.

If I hover mouse pointer over cell - it reads this (see bottom of screen): And the entries shown in the 8:30, 9:00, 9:30 time slots are wrong.

If I select cell using keyboard arrow keys, it reads this (see bottom of screen): My drawn box should have included 9:30 slot (from 8:00 to 10:00)

There is no actual channel associated with the guide data shown:

NickF

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 05:03:54 am »

I believe this was fixed in 152.  I installed this and tested by deleting a channel and the guide looked OK.

Nick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up