INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xp sound  (Read 1346 times)

Markus

xp sound
« on: May 03, 2002, 02:36:58 pm »

I have a problem with my MJ sound under Windows xp. I am pretty sure it is not MJ's fault but myabe there is someone who can help me anyway...
Since I upgraded from Win2000 to Windows xp I get blips while playing music. I am pretty sure it is related to the fact that my soundcard now shares IRQ 9 with two other devices. But Windows doesn't let me change anything there on my own. How can I change this?

RAVMAN

RE:xp sound
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 02:42:29 pm »

Not sure what the answer is, but you could try changing the position of the sound card to a different PCI slot so that it uses a differnt IRQ.

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 02:43:56 pm »

Markus - I had a similar issue. Moving the card and getting the latest drivers seemed to do the trick.
Namaste,
John

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 02:54:44 pm »

the sound problem I had new drivers and playing with settings did not help me fix a problem with bad sound, i had to re-install windows xp
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Smiler

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2002, 04:55:43 pm »

It maybe that you have to turn off ACPI during an Install??
There have been many problems reported on several forums about this being an issue with XP.
tricky situation I am not sure as it works well here  with no such manipulation.

shelly

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2002, 06:14:02 pm »

A few months back MS published an XP update for "popping" sounds when playing music.  Installing it resolved a similar problem on my system.

Markus

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2002, 07:23:31 am »

Thank You all for those tips! Shelly: Do You know where I can get that xp-update?
I cannot afford to do a reinstall at this time so I will try the other ways...

shelly

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2002, 02:37:47 pm »

I don't remember the file name, but it was one of the files installed as part of Windows Update. If you run Windows Update (in Help and Support), it might be one of the files suggested for download and installation.

Trelane

• World Citizen
  • Destroy him, my robots.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2002, 05:12:20 pm »

The update is titled "Windows Messenger Audio Update." Despite the name, it corrects many audio issues (most of them are USB audio related, but there are a few others that are corrected). Give that a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up