INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frame dropouts on BD playback [Solved]  (Read 2554 times)

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
  • World Class Referance Playback!
Frame dropouts on BD playback [Solved]
« on: May 09, 2012, 10:12:42 pm »

My card did ok for DVD but when I tested it with BD it was dropping frames once in awhile. The video card was a GeForce GT 520 2GB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0. I am going to replace it tomorrow with my GeForce GTX580 video card and replace my PSU with a 750W PSU.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Frame dropouts on BD playback
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 05:13:10 am »

The GT520 is known to be *very* slow.
The 580 will obviously be plenty fast, although if all you do is watch movies with it, it'll be way too much. If all you want is movies, i would suggest a 550.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 11:09:36 am »

Ok, I have card installed. I still get drop outs.  What I mean is it goes black for a second or 2 once in awhile. So, I don't know way since I now have a high powered video card. I am using Hardware accelerate video decoding when possible, VideoClock and Red October Standard . Any clue?  Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:15:54 am »

Are you playing a disc or file?  If it is a file, is it local?  Or on a network drive.

Virus checkers can slow down reading of a file.

Try turning Hardware Acceleration off.

Try turning Videoclock off.

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 11:23:31 am »

Are you playing a disc or file?  If it is a file, is it local?  Or on a network drive.

Virus checkers can slow down reading of a file.

Try turning Hardware Acceleration off.

Try turning Videoclock off.

it's a file off the local harddrive. I did try those settings. Still issue.  >:( I will remove the MS virus software to see if that fixs issue.

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 02:46:56 pm »

Ok removed virus software.  Still get the black outs from time to time that last 2-5 secs. I have my desktop res set at "1080P, 1920 x 1080 60Hz".  I notice the sharpness and picture quality is still not as good as my very good BD player even on HQ mode.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 05:59:50 pm »

Ok removed virus software.  Still get the black outs from time to time that last 2-5 secs. I have my desktop res set at "1080P, 1920 x 1080 60Hz".  I notice the sharpness and picture quality is still not as good as my very good BD player even on HQ mode.
Right.  Well something isn't working correctly on your machine.  The video driver is a possibility.

Make sure you're using 17.0.147.

Take a look at task manager to see what is happening (if anything) to CPU, etc. when you have the dropouts.

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 06:13:05 pm »

Thanks Jim for your help but I gave up. I may try again down the road when I can get a I7 cpu platform. At least my dedicated music server kicks ass thanks to MC!  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 06:22:02 pm »

I've used an i5 based machine to do Blu-ray for a year or so.  No problems keeping up.  Both Red October Standard and HQ work well.

A two second dropout is something other than CPU.  Bandwidth is a possibility.  That's why I asked where the file was.  A virus checker is a possibility.  I see you suspended yours, but we have seen several cases where that didn't do the trick, but uninstalling it did.  You could read the "Weird Problems" thread if you have doubts about what I'm saying.

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:15 am »

I did not give up... ;)  Ok, the dropouts were my fault due to learning curve I had a few settings incorrect. I now have it playing back at FULL 1080P with ROHQ enabled as perfect as my dedicated BD player. Both video and sorround sound thru HDMI is just wonderful!  Thank's for JRiver!  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Frame dropouts on BD playback [Solved]
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 10:06:19 am »

Good to hear.  What did you change?

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
Re: Frame dropouts on BD playback [Solved]
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 05:05:54 pm »

I was just messing with the Display Settings section in got in trouble with the drop outs. So I put them all back to default. I was also experiancing very bad quality playback after I played with the nvidia display settings.  I also put them back to default and I now have killer picture quality like my BD player. I guess that's what I get for playing around as a video newbie.  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up