INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide listing / sorting by channel number  (Read 922 times)

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
Guide listing / sorting by channel number
« on: May 11, 2012, 12:35:31 pm »

Hi

First thing i would like to say is JRiver MC17 is the most powerful HTPC programme i have ever used and makes MCE look ancient!!!  Anyhow onto my question...

I have just plucked up the courage to start using the Tv guide on JRiver before i was still using MCE (The other half needs a simple system to watch TV!!)
My problem is i cannot figure out how to add channel numbers to the guide listings. At the moment all channels are sorted alphabetically and in the UK all channels numbers are used

eg.  BBC1  = 1
      BBC2  = 2
      ITV1  = 3

How would i set this up in MC17? Or is it not yet supported...It would be a shame as apart from this issue i love mc17...

Also another feature that should / could be added is the ability to step up and down the channel order instead of it just being sorted alphabetically

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated

csy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Guide listing / sorting by channel number
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:09:22 pm »

+1

I also would like to do this.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Guide listing / sorting by channel number
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »

A workaround is to add the channel number to the front of the Channel Name.

In Std View > Devices > TV > Options > Edit Channels (or similar), I believe you can edit the diaplay name of the channel. Perhaps this will help? (You may need to start with 01 or 001 if you have that many channels, try it out).

The "Next" and "Previous" buttons would step through the channels in that order too, then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up