INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the "Select" used for in Theater View  (Read 1415 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
What is the "Select" used for in Theater View
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:51:26 pm »

There is probably an obvious answer that eludes me at this time - but what is the purpose of the "Select" button in the Theater View display?

In Movies or Television (maybe other places too) you click on a Movie/file and you can then click on "Select" (or Watch or Tag or Delete). This puts a white check mark on the cover art you selected, and a grey checkmark on all the other movie/file cover art.

So you can select a specifc/single file or you can select multiple files. First I though this would be useful to mark a show for later viewing, or mark shows that have been already watched, but once you exit the screen all the selections are lost.

Is this for editing tags - or to delete mulitiple files at the same time? But there is already an edit tag button.
Does anyone edit in Theater View?

Just asking to learn.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: What is the "Select" used for in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:07:10 pm »

It adds them to a playing now list.
Select the movies you wish to watch in the order you wish and then go back into the first one you selected and click watch.
I just discovered the option the other day so that selection routine may not be optimized.
Sean

rick.ca

Re: What is the "Select" used for in Theater View
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:19:45 pm »

It adds them to a playing now list.

Yes, but it's a little more general than that. Think of it like flagging files, then the next step is the operation you'd like to perform on those files. That could be setting a tag, deleting the files, or any of the various play commands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up