INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitles late, or dont appear  (Read 1063 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Subtitles late, or dont appear
« on: May 12, 2012, 06:55:29 am »

I've been seing this ever since MC went over to the Red October engine on my machine. Subtitles appear late, stick on screen for too long, and then maybe 10 seconds later catches up and throws up another subtitle. In the meantime we might have missed one or two subtitles.

I'm wondering if anybody is seeing this? I am tempted to think it's my now 5 year old VAIO intel celeron processor, though when I've looked at task monitor it doesnt show much processor activity. Almost all of my files are standard definition h.264 ac3 passthru mkvs with embedded japanese idx/sub pairs.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a mac mini with bootcamp on the next hardware refresh, though I'd be gutted if the issue weren't hardware related.

CountryBumkin

Re: Subtitles late, or dont appear
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 05:21:12 pm »

If you are not running the latest version of MC17, upgrade link is at the top of this forum. There have been a lot of improvements lately, including subtitle controls.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:35:19 am »

I am always using the latest beta, or at least the latest within a week. This is something that's been happening ever since I switched over to RO standard though. Subtitles used to work fine when I was using Haali and Direct vobsub. I might try going back to using the CCCP and see if it works better for me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 07:02:42 am »

Try the Benchmark feature under MC's Help menu.  Post the results here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up