INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Client, "Something went wrong with playback" for JTV and TS files  (Read 1377 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen

So, a long time ago, I posted this: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67990.msg457298#msg457298

Basically, I could listen to music on the Library Client, but WTV files would not play. Glynor solved my problem (in the above post) by explaining that if I set the path on my files on the Library Server correctly (as //Server paths), the Library Client could be smarter and play the files correctly. Basically, if it could transcode the file (music), it was fine, but if it couldn't (.WTV), it needed the direct path to the file on the network so it could work without transcoding.

Well, I've since tried to convert to JTV recordings, which I thought MC Library Server knew how to transcode. And yet, I'm having the exact same problem with them. This, coupled with the fact that my MC Library Server always makes the path for new files "E:\Recorded TV\..." instead of "\\Server\Recorded TV" (even though I have all \\Server paths in Auto Import settings) makes this a royal pain.

I'm further confused by the fact that Gizmo on my Android phone can magically play both JTV and WTV files with no problem (see http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70111.msg472792#msg472792).

Anyway, I'm ditching the idea of having my HTCP be a Library Client and I will just have it maintain its own library. There are just too many problems right now (especially http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69980.msg472338#msg472338). So, this is not urgent, but I thought you should know.

Kashegan

• Recent member
Re: Library Client, "Something went wrong with playback" for ALL files
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:13:53 pm »

I've been with MC since MC11 and I've just upgraded from MC 15 to MC 17 and have started getting "Something went wrong with playback" regardless of what I try to play. MC 17 was OK for the first two days before giving this message. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, twice, but the same problem returns after a day or two. I was not totally  comfortable with MC 15 and resisted further upgrades and started using WinAmp. I now find that there appears to be no way to access direct support from JRiver. Looks like I'm going to back WinAmp again. In the unlikely event that someone can interpret the problem log form MC 17, I have attached the output email.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

What filetypes are you playing?  What output?

In "Getting Started" in my signature, there is a guide to audio setup.

This is support.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Library Client, "Something went wrong with playback" for ALL files
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 06:44:45 am »

I now find that there appears to be no way to access direct support from JRiver.

You just did, and the CEO of the company responded.  I'd call that pretty direct.

Unfortunately, I don't have any JTV files, so I can't directly respond about the playback issues.

However, I can probably help with this part...

This, coupled with the fact that my MC Library Server always makes the path for new files "E:\Recorded TV\..." instead of "\\Server\Recorded TV" (even though I have all \\Server paths in Auto Import settings) makes this a royal pain.

Go to Options -> Television.  Set the Folder for recording and time-shifting files to the proper \\Server\Recorded TV folder.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I'm seeing this in the log:
0025194: 1052: Playback: CMJPlayerCore::Play: Failed to create output plugin

Try changing outputs in Options > Audio.  It's good to start with DirectSound.

If you've run a registry cleaner since installing, you'll have to reinstall Media Center.  Download directly from JRiver.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up