INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem using user defined Library Fields in Theatre View  (Read 1332 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Problem using user defined Library Fields in Theatre View
« on: May 16, 2012, 07:29:30 am »

Hi

I want to create a new Field that can take just 2 possible values, and then use that as a filter in my Theatre View (I'm tagging movies as either "Feature" or "Extras" and want to have 2 separate views in Theatre View so my Extras and Bonus material don't get mixed in with the main movies).

So I created my field (see attached step 1) and then tried to set it up in Theatre View (see attached step 2).  Problem is that I can't seem to select both the values I ascribed to the Field, and it says "<empty>" for one.

Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Thanks
Z

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Problem using user defined Library Fields in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 12:31:11 pm »

The problem is due to how the rule builds with the default AND operator, and your final rule, the Feature-Extra field, only shows the possible values given the previous rules.  In other words, the rules are evaluated real-time, and only the values that can currently match are shown.

Add OR operators around the rule if that's what you're ultimately after, or tag at least one file with the value.  You can also manually modify that rule via Import/Export.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:38:52 pm »

Ah, so rather than picking up the value from the definition of the Field the rule builder in Theatre View is getting them from the tags, so when I add both "Feature" and "Extra" as tags to files I'll be able to select both in my theatre view filter (assuming available after previous rules). So this means I have to tag before setting up the rules. Would be nice if it worked the other way as then I go set the rule and as I work through the tagging my view would update and I could check I had to the rule right (more relevant if it was more complex).

Thanks for the explanation.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:36:22 pm »

it is generally a time-saver, but can be pesky.  Use the OR rule trick to allow entry via wizard (hover the mouse just left of the first rule, and right of the last).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up