INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitle filename  (Read 881 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Subtitle filename
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:27:48 pm »

Hi,

Sometimes I download external subtitles in a language that aren't in the video file I want to watch. What is the name I need to use for the subtitle file in order for MC to find it and display the subtitles? I know that it works putting a srt file in the same folder as the video file and naming it the same name as the video file, but that takes a lot of time if I'm for example downloading subtitles for a series with 100s of episodes. Is there an easier way to do it? Where does MC look for subtitles?

Tried to search for subtitle file in the forums, but that was hopeless. The search capabilities of this forum (and most similar forums) is out of the eighties :(
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Subtitle filename
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 05:50:37 pm »

Take a look at 'Sidecar naming rules' here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Subtitles#Technical_Details
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Subtitle filename
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 08:50:49 am »

i too have started to use subtitles a lot more lately and am also finding the renaming a bit tiresome.  I was wondering if it were posible to list all subtitles available in a directory if no direct match was found as per the convention listed.  Yes I would still need to select from the menu, but still better than renaming.  If a direct name match is found, then only list these and nothing has changed for the the more organized amongst us.

craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up