INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Series  (Read 1148 times)

phdutton

• Recent member
TV Series
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:13:39 am »

Hi there,
Newbee, so apologies. I've been searching through the forum, but can't seem to find an answer, so here goes.

I have a load of TV series on a mapped network drive, they are stored as:

Series Name \ Series Number \ Episode

And I want MC to display them that was in Theatre Mode under shows. I am at a loss as to how I do this, can anyone help?

Thanks!

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV Series
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:27:17 am »

Welcome Aboard :-)

In the "Shows" screen, you can scroll through the second roller to "Season" which will display by Series, then Season (descending), then Episode.

Make sure you have the files tagged correctly in MC, otherwise it may not display correctly. 

phdutton

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:31:17 am »

Hi, thanks!

Thats where I'm looking, yes.
So its this tagging which is obviously at fault. Can it not just read from the directory structure where things are? Or do I have to tag each file, if so how do I do that?

So many questions! haha
Thanks,

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 08:18:07 am »

Select the required files, Right Click > Library Tools > Fill Properties from Filename

You can let MC try to do it automatically or fill the tags manually :-)

NickF

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 08:55:08 am »

It is important that the files are named correctly.  I had to learn about this myself recently!  You may find some of the info in this thread useful:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71530.0

Are your video files .mkv files?  If so, having them named "Seriesname.SnnEmm.mkv wnere nn is the Season number and mm is the episode number.  When you import the files, MC should set them as Media Subtype = TV Show and populate the Series, Season and Episode fields.  It will It will then automatically load metadata from the TVDB site.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

phdutton

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:06:38 am »

I see, so I'd have to rename all the files.
At the moment it is just, for example:
\TV Series\Red Dwarf\Series 3\Episode 1 - Backwards

phdutton

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:07:14 am »

Oh, and no, the vast majority are MPEG's, ripped from DVD's

NickF

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 09:23:59 am »

I think mpeg will be OK.  It is the filename before the file extension which matters.

So, yes, I think you have to rename them.  Perhaps someone else can confirm this or will MC handle phdutton's current file naming and still get the metadata from TVDB?  You don't need to change your folder structure, just the file names.  You can choose the top level TV Series folder to import.

The alternative is to leave your files named as they are and populate the Media Subtype, Series, Season and Episode fields manually.    Once they are, MC should still be able to use TVDB.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 09:25:08 am »

you shouldn't have to rename files.  the fill properties from filename dialog  (right click on file- library tools) lets you parse consistent information into the library's fields.  You can also use the directory structure.  It has been a while, but it is quite straightforward.  If stuck, just post again .

craig

phdutton

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 09:27:39 am »

Thanks guys, great help coming here, I appreciate it.

Craig, thanks, I will have a look at that tonight, if I can avoid renaming I'll be happy.
But, and thanks NickF, if I have to basically just add:
[series name].SxxExx.[episode name]
to my existing files its not the end of the world, just gonna take a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up