INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request - if not already there?  (Read 1158 times)

Bricktop

• Recent member
Feature request - if not already there?
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:43:38 pm »

When doing an auto import of movie info I am presented with only one cover art option from TMDB and sometimes that cover is not in English, even for an American movie. I know from using XBMC, there are normally multiple covers for any given title, but cannot find an easy way to select from the available cover.  Can an option be made when scraping for individual titles to browse and select the cover of choice from the ones available on TMDB?

Thanks,
Bricktop

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Feature request - if not already there?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:51:22 pm »

You can select which image and/or meta data you want to use when using the Get Movie & TV Info... manually in the right click context menu.
The auto import version is designed for retrieving meta data for multiple files at once without any user interaction so a prompt kind of defeats the purpose of 'Auto'.
Sean

Bricktop

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:46:28 pm »

Thanks for attempting to help, but think you misunderstood my query. I agree that when doing multiple movies, the scraper should be left as is, but if I choose to get information for a single movie, and the scraper "gets" the info from TMDB (I'm excluding IMDB and wikipedia because their poster/cover art is not very good), then I would like to have the option to cycle through all the available cover on TMDB for said movie. Right now the choice from the scraper is one cover from each source, but TMDB typically has many available. Again, this option is  used in the XBMC scraper for TMDB, just thought it would be a very useful addition here.

The solution currently is related to what you mentioned. Download the cover manually and import with the right click, but that seems convoluted and not very user friendly.

Thanks,
Bricktop

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:04:30 pm »

You threw me off by using the term "auto import".
I agree it would be a nice addition, as far as that goes I would like to be able to select multiple posters and backdrops also.
I have some backdrops that I use as a slideshow/screensaver.
It shouldn't be too difficult to implement my thought is simply load the meta data from the generated link and then append that link with
/posters and load that in the image section of the window, the same could be done for backdrops.
Maybe use a tabbed interface with a separate tab for each category.
Sean

Bricktop

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:13:38 pm »

Agreed on all counts. Some of the fanart is very nicely done.

Thanks,
Jonathon
Pages: [1]   Go Up