INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod classic 160GB with MC 14  (Read 1581 times)

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
iPod classic 160GB with MC 14
« on: May 18, 2012, 04:34:15 am »

I've been syncing my 160 gb Classic with the last released version of MC 14 for several years without any issues at all until recently.  Now it does sync ok and shows it's adding and deleting tracks as expected but none of my playlists show up in the playlists section of the iPod.  

I tried initialising via MC and it looked like it was working on that but after leaving it several hours it had ejected the iPod and all the tracks were still there.  I tried this several more times but with the same result.  

I tried syncing to just one small playlist (instead of the 20 ish I normally have ticked) but after coming out of Options and selecting 'Recheck sync' it still showed the same number of tracks due to be synced.  So I went back into Options and could see all the Playlists were ticked again even though I had just unticked them.

Can anyone think of any way to get it to sync correctly again?
JLee

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod classic 160GB with MC 14
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 10:52:51 am »

I'd guess that you have either a corrupted database on your iPod or a flakey hard drive.
In general, regardless of the version of MC, when I've got a iPod giving me trouble I try these tactics:

First, you can google for the maintenance mod on the iPod. When you get it into Maintenance mode, you can do a test of the hard drive.
Next, if it passes that test, I'd probably try restoring the iPod from iTunes. That recreates a blank database. Of course, you'll have to resync everything and that could take a long time depending on how full your iPod is...

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Re: iPod classic 160GB with MC 14
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 03:33:48 pm »

Thanks for the prompt reply Bob.  I'll try that.
JLee
Pages: [1]   Go Up