INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [url=http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access]Network Access[/url] Problem  (Read 6013 times)

AudioBear

• Recent member

Hello, complete dumb@rce question here.  Can someone show me an example hardware router connection diagram to get this app to work?  I have a laptop with JRiver MC 17 running and I downloaded the My river app to my iphone 4s a few days ago.....I have been jacking with this thing the last couple of nights.  On the laptop side when I go into MC and select the Access key Test I get an error box that says:

"Accesskey: ******(please write this down, it has also been copy to the clipboard)
The Library server is not reachable from the internet, but you can still use it within your local network.
To use this server from other computers in your local network, select it in the tree(Playing Now > Playing from) and click 'Load Library,.

To make this server accesible from the Internet, you'll probably need to configure your routers port forwarding to allow incoming access on port *****"

On my iphone, when I access the My River app and try to connect with the "Access Key" I get a "Unable to connect.  Please review your network settings." error.

If I try and connect with the Host address and port number the app just keeps looking indefinately.

I have a Netgear WNDR3700 router.

I also connected my laptop to my router via ethernetj with the same results.

Any help ? ?

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

On our wiki, there is a topic called "Network Access".  It might help.  If you have another PC on the network, you could use a browser on it to access your server from this link:

http://www.jriver.com/webgizmo.html

If that works, it tells you that the server is open (no firewall blocking).

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen

To make this server accesible from the Internet, you'll probably need to configure your routers port forwarding to allow incoming access on port *****"
Port forwarding:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding

On my iphone, when I access the My River app and try to connect with the "Access Key" I get a "Unable to connect.  Please review your network settings." error.

If I try and connect with the Host address and port number the app just keeps looking indefinately.

I have a Netgear WNDR3700 router.

I also connected my laptop to my router via ethernetj with the same results.

Any help ? ?

Thank you.

Try connection (from your iPhone) with this URL http://webremote.jriver.com/[enter your access key here] (this will give you the IP/Host address as well).
If that fails it could be that your firewall is blocking the port, see here http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access

If it doesn't fail try powering everything down and back up. Including your router and iPhone.
If it still fails try to uninstall My River and install it again.

Michael

AudioBear

• Recent member

JimH,  I can gain access through that site inside my network using the same laptop that MC is located on.  I tried to connect through my iphone and I get a error: "Cannot Open Page"  "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding."  FWIW I just installed the JRemote app on my iphone and am not having success.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I'm not sure what you're saying.  Do you have two PC's on the LAN?  Can one access the other using Media Network?

AudioBear

• Recent member

I only have one pc(a sony laptop) connected wireless to my router LAN plus a couple iphones an Ipad and an OPPO blurayplayer.  No wired/ethernet/usb connection anywhere. 

gilesyboy

Have just updated to the new 1.6.0 on both iPad and iPhone running 5.1.1 firmware and cannot for the life of sync with my PC. Have been running previous versions of My Rivere for about 6 months without a hitch but it appears as if the new update won't let me connect. I have managed to find the server but it does not give me an option in Zones, it generally takes an age to navigate, ie about 3 minutes at a time and I have not as yet managed to get to see any of my music.
Any way of reverting back to a previous version or are you looking to release an update soon to resolve this issue.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen

I only have one pc(a sony laptop) connected wireless to my router LAN plus a couple iphones an Ipad and an OPPO blurayplayer.  No wired/ethernet/usb connection anywhere. 
Try temporarily turning off your firewall and see if the issue is resolved.

Please have a look here as well:
What should I do in Windows Firewall to get Gizmo working ? [Solved]

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen

Have just updated to the new 1.6.0 on both iPad and iPhone running 5.1.1 firmware and cannot for the life of sync with my PC. Have been running previous versions of My Rivere for about 6 months without a hitch but it appears as if the new update won't let me connect. I have managed to find the server but it does not give me an option in Zones, it generally takes an age to navigate, ie about 3 minutes at a time and I have not as yet managed to get to see any of my music.
Any way of reverting back to a previous version or are you looking to release an update soon to resolve this issue.
If you have connection problems after the update, please try the following......

Remove My River from your device and reinstall it.
  • Touch and hold any application icon on the Home Screen until the icons start to wiggle.
  • Tap the "x" in the corner of the application you want to delete.
  • Tap Delete to remove the application and all of its data from your device.
  • Press the Home button.
  • Go to the App Store.
  • Search for the application and then download it again.

Michael

AudioBear

• Recent member

SOLVED!  ok, I knew I was a dumb@ss but this is embarrassing.  It may help others though so I will put away my shame and share......In Windows 7 firewall, when you open the "Turn Windows Firewall on or Off" window I was overlooking this setting: "Block all connections, Including those in the list of allowed connections list".

It is now working.

Thank You Sven and JimH!
Pages: [1]   Go Up