INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC not remember the last position in Tree Audio. (no solution)  (Read 1597 times)

Fabricio

• Citizen of the Universe
  • No one has patience with me.

Hi,

JRiver Media Center not remember the last position in Tree Audio (Genre). I play music (I go to Now Playing). I go back to Tree Audio, is no longer marked Genre "(Audio only). Why?

Help-me.

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.

Help!!!!

audioriver

Re: MC not remember the last position in Tree Audio. (no solution)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 12:11:17 pm »

I have the same question (I think). I'm not sure if MC works this way or there's an option somewhere. Example:

I type an album's name in the search bar and I get the album in my Audio View - or I can directly find the album in Audio/Albums, doesn't matter. I start playing the album. If I click on anything else in the Tree and then back to my previous view, the aforementioned album is gone. MC remembers neither search results nor the scroll bar's position (it resets at the top). If this is by design I'd beg you to reconsider or at least provide an option, since it makes browsing within MC quite tiresome.
Windows 10 Pro x64

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 08:57:49 pm »

I'm not sure if MC works this way or there's an option somewhere.

I'm sure this isn't the only example of imperfect integration between the Tree and Views. Perhaps the Tree has been there since the beginning, but now it doesn't seem to be much more than an alternate, simplistic means of browsing. If you like the tree-like browsing method, any tree can be created as a pane in a Panes View. That will provide the same functionality without any integration issues.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 11:22:47 pm »

JRiver Media Center not remember the last position in Tree Audio (Genre). I play music (I go to Now Playing). I go back to Tree Audio, is no longer marked Genre "(Audio only). Why?

You can create multiple tabs as shown in this screenshot.  (Labeled "Classical - Major Composers", "Compact Disk (E:)" and "Recently imported").  To create a new tab, click on the circled area to the right of existing Tabs.  To switch Tabs, click on the Tab you want to be active.

You can use a different view in each tab.  Each tab has its own position in the Tree.  The position in the tree is preserved when you switch away from a Tab and back to it again.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up