INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebGizmo - Controls Missing (IE9)  (Read 2697 times)

Mars

• World Citizen
WebGizmo - Controls Missing (IE9)
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:43:16 pm »

When playing a file with WebGizmo on both IE 9 and Fire Fox, I can't use the player controls unless "maximizing" the player (see attached image). However, on the Ipad I get full access to the controls. Is that the normal situation?

Mars

• World Citizen
Re: WebGizmo - Controls Missing
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:14:15 am »

So I may be missing something... ?. Is there any way to make the player bigger enough to show the track info and the pause, skip buttons? I'd like to avoid having to maximize the player every time I need to control playback or identify the track is currently playing. I'm also having some issues when maximizing the player in Firefox.

Thank You

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:57:45 am »

WebGizmo is the perfect solution to give my sister access to a certain playlist from her small business. It is light, easy and very convenient as it doesn't require any software installation, nor media storage.

So, I just wanted to know if the aspect of the player I get through the browser (see image on the first post) is the right one, or if I have to change something on the server in order to get full access to the controls and track info.

I would be very grateful if anyone could just confirm.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:35:18 am »

I think that's just the way it works.

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 10:51:31 am »

OK, thanks for your response. Anyway, I think this feature is great!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 05:08:18 pm »

This is a bit tricky since there are actually two players in use and which one gets used depends on the type of the content ( audio, image, video ) and the browser/operating system used. The html5 player will get used if you play audio on the iPad for example. If you play a single track, the forward and next buttons will not appear. If you play an album or playlist they will. If the browser can't play mp3's in html 5 (like firefox) the player will drop back to the flash default.

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 03:23:33 am »

This is a bit tricky since there are actually two players in use and which one gets used depends on the type of the content ( audio, image, video ) and the browser/operating system used. The html5 player will get used if you play audio on the iPad for example. If you play a single track, the forward and next buttons will not appear. If you play an album or playlist they will. If the browser can't play mp3's in html 5 (like firefox) the player will drop back to the flash default.

Thanks for your response, Bob.

So, in my case, in the first image below, what I have is an mp3 playing from a playlist on IE 9. When I click the two inverted arrows to "expand" the player, I get then full access to the controls and the track title (second image). Does this action switch between the two players you mentioned?

I wondered if it would be possible to have all these controls in the non expanded version of the player. Resizing the window in the expanded version, I've noticed that maybe increasing a 10% the player, there would be room enough at least for the controls. An additional bar of controls could also be useful if the size is an issue.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:34:45 am »

Your pics show that the player is using flash, not html5. I've been testing the player and it seems that the theme it's using is affecting the decision on whether or not to use html5. If I switch themes, I get html5 on ie9.

Increasing the minimum size to 400px width would take care of it but then it won't fit on a iPhone < 4 screen without scrolling. I think the other theme is better but it doesn't handle the artwork properly, especially when one does full screen. Still working on it...

Mars

• World Citizen
Re: WebGizmo - Controls Missing (IE9)
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 11:04:46 am »

Thanks again for your response, Bob, I really appreciate it. I realise that adapting the themes to all kind of devises and resolutions has to be a difficult job...

What I've also noticed/discovered is that, depending on the root from which the file is taken, the player will show the Play/Pause control or not . So, if I play an mp3 from the root Audio\Artist (first image below), the control is shown. But if I take a file from the Playlists root, then the control won't show (second image below).

Anyway, if the size is an issue and I could choose what controls to have in hand, I would probably prefer the Play/Pause and Skip controls rather than Time Elapsed/Total Time. A second row of controls would also be very helpful though I guess it is not easy to implement.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 12:20:53 pm »

Thanks again for your response, Bob, I really appreciate it. I realise that adapting the themes to all kind of devises and resolutions has to be a difficult job...

What I've also noticed/discovered is that, depending on the root from which the file is taken, the player will show the Play/Pause control or not . So, if I play an mp3 from the root Audio\Artist (first image below), the control is shown. But if I take a file from the Playlists root, then the control won't show (second image below).

Anyway, if the size is an issue and I could choose what controls to have in hand, I would probably prefer the Play/Pause and Skip controls rather than Time Elapsed/Total Time. A second row of controls would also be very helpful though I guess it is not easy to implement.
When you get to the container with my pal Bob Acri's tune, are there more than one item in either of those containers? (the playlist vs audio/artist).

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 03:59:41 pm »

When you get to the container with my pal Bob Acri's tune, are there more than one item in either of those containers? (the playlist vs audio/artist).
Nice question, Bob: The audio/artist container gives me only one item and the playlist two. Ergo, when there's only one file to play, the player shows the play/pause control and when there are two or more files not. Does it make sense?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 04:11:39 pm »

Nice question, Bob: The audio/artist container gives me only one item and the playlist two. Ergo, when there's only one file to play, the player shows the play/pause control and when there are two or more files not. Does it make sense?
It's definitely a good clue and if I can reproduce it, will make it easier to find the problem... Thanks...

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 04:45:28 pm »

It's definitely a good clue and if I can reproduce it, will make it easier to find the problem... Thanks...
No, thanks to you! Glad to help.
Actually, I have tried with a different library on a different machine and have had identical results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up