INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Features request  (Read 1287 times)

beginner44

• Junior Woodchuck
Features request
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:25:22 pm »

Hello,

I'm new to JRiver. Have to say it rocks !  ;D

I've been using Meedio for years now, but it's time to move on.  ?

I'm on the edge to switch to Media Center 17, but it lacks 2 important features for me :

1 - my thousands of digital pictures are today managed through Adobe Photoshop Allbum. I've search through this forum but found no useful information on how to import tags from the librairy. That would be great.

2 - I need to trigger some actions (switch on amplifier, etc) when I play some music or a video. I believe it is achiveable through a custom plugin or using the scripting plugin. Has anyone done something like this (I'n new to C# and VB).

Many thanks in advance for your help,  ;)

B44

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Features request
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:32:21 pm »

Welcome.

If Adobe tags your images with XMP tags, Media Center should import them.  Have you tried a few files?

For remote control, take a look at Options > Remote Control.  If you have an MCE remote (you can order one from us), you can do IR blasting to control other things.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:50:52 pm »

If Adobe tags your images with XMP tags, Media Center should import them.  Have you tried a few files?

I know I've bumbled around this question before, but to get a firm answer... Under what circumstances, if any, does MC write XMP tags back out that Lightroom/Photoshop/et all can read?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 06:54:18 pm »

2 - I need to trigger some actions (switch on amplifier, etc) when I play some music or a video. I believe it is achiveable through a custom plugin or using the scripting plugin. Has anyone done something like this (I'n new to C# and VB).

There are a TON of ways to accomplish this.

MC itself isn't a Home Automation Controller application, though it can do some things itself.  However, MC is, itself, extremely scriptable via a variety of mechanisms.

One way to accomplish your goal would be with Promixis Girder.  There are other ways though, and I'm sure some others might chime in.  Also try searching the forum for "automation" and "amp" or something like that.  You should find a bunch of information on a range of options.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

beginner44

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 04:04:02 pm »

HI,

thanks for your answers.

Regarding the tags, I don't know, I will look into this in the coming days.

Regarding amp control, I use X10 command over PC, so IR is not an option, but I agree that Girder or eventghost or scipt plugin could achieve this. I just wanted to avoid to reinvent the wheel. I did search the forum without success, but I might have missed the relevant information, so many things out there  :o !

One last ( :-X) question : is it possible to use an image library for the main menu backgroud fanart ? With meedio, I can have my set of pictures cycling in the background (don't know if I'm clear here  :-\).

Many thanks again,

B44
Pages: [1]   Go Up