INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble getting MC17 to output to USB rather than laptop speakers  (Read 1098 times)

Socal77

Okay, folks. I am new to this world of hires and computer audio.  I still have nightmares of feeding IBM punch cards coded in FORTRAN into IBM 360 mainframes in the 1970s.

I just got up and running (limping, actually) with a download of MC17 running on a Dell Inspiron (Windows 7).  I download 18 bucks of hi-res files from HD Tracks and loaded them into MC17.  Trying to play them to my Peachtree Audio Grand Integrated DAC via USB. I have installed the appropriate USB drivers for Windows 7.  Here is the weird thing.  Most of the time output is to the Dell laptop speakers, not the USB output to the PeachTree DAC.  However, about three times I was able to get the output to the DAC. Totally random.  Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trouble getting MC17 to output to USB rather than laptop speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:36:30 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Please see the "Getting Started" link in my signature for audio setup.  You may just need to choose the device in audio settings.

Siladem

• Recent member
Re: Trouble getting MC17 to output to USB rather than laptop speakers
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 09:56:43 pm »

I just got up and running (limping, actually) with a download of MC17 running on a Dell Inspiron (Windows 7).  I download 18 bucks of hi-res files from HD Tracks and loaded them into MC17.  Trying to play them to my Peachtree Audio Grand Integrated DAC via USB. I have installed the appropriate USB drivers for Windows 7.  Here is the weird thing.  Most of the time output is to the Dell laptop speakers, not the USB output to the PeachTree DAC.  However, about three times I was able to get the output to the DAC. Totally random.  Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

you might - and i am a jriver newbie so i am not sure if the program settings refrenced by Jim will automatically do this for you - need to go into control panel >> hardware &sound >>manage audio devices. make sure the default device is set to the dac.
Pages: [1]   Go Up